Not a Sadowsky fan.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bass-shy, Feb 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    I read a lot of posts about Sadowsky on this, and other forums, and they generally receive a high degree of praise. Well, I was at my shop yesterday and played two of them. One was a Metro Series Jazz bass and the other was the modern version. I don't know the story behind this company but for the price, I don't understand. There are many basses out there that play and feel way better to me for less than half the price. What's up with that?
  2. Everyone is different. What doesn't float your boat may be somone else's dream.
  3. thewanderer24

Apr 29, 2002
    SJ, CA
    well, with any musical instrument, it's a taste thing. Get what you like. If it is cheaper more power to ya. My main bass for the last 10+ years was a low end big name bass. I just got my first sadowsky this week. I couldn't be happier with my purchase. YMMV.
  4. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Different strokes n'all.... I wouldn't worry too much about it.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I think Sadowsky Basses are Excellent. Play what you like. :bassist:
  6. truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    they are the price, because they are hand assembled and not mass produced, they have to pay their employees and their bills. fender = mass produced. there are a lot more fenders being sold then sads. It is like a bmw to me, it is going to depreciate, it is just a car, you will get as many trouble free, lower maintainence bills if not better on a honda civic. But yet some people swear by them....If you aren't spending the money why that was a harsh title to put up. In the same way a MIM Jazz or P is a honda civic....ol' reliable....gets the job done
  7. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    it all comes down to personal preference and variety. i can think of a bunch of basses that aren't me, and some of those cost quite a bit. who cares? we can't all prefer the same stuff, and that's a good thing. Some people love sadowskys, some people love pink. ;)
  8. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    well, then, aren't you glad you didn't buy one? :hyper: :eyebrow:
  9. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    I'm on my first Sadowsky and I think they're really great basses. The thing about them is that they don't blow you away, but everything about the bass is done right with no issues. If I were to compare to sports, it's like the Patriots...they don't blow you away with a team full of all-pros, but they just do things right and don't make mistakes. That is the Sadowsky bass IMO, solid bass with no issues, not even little ones. The only reason the price is so high is because there is a market willing to pay that cost. If they're not for you, they're not for you.
  10. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Where's Pinkie when you need him!!! :bag:

Oh that's right, he was banned. :D

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

They might not be visualy exciting for some people.
  12. ksukev

Aug 24, 2004
    (AS he holds his Sadowsky tightly in his arms) "God bless the crazy people too..."

13. JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    I hate issues. Therefore, I like Sadowsky basses.
  14. hehehe. :rolleyes:

I love the feel of Sadowskies but the preamp is just voiced way too bright for my tastes.
  15. JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    :D Typical "Brand-X" bass hater:

Attached Files:

16. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    That's an odd thing to say. How do Fender's get assembled? Do robots come and bolt the necks down, do the fretwork, install the electronics, etc? If not robots maybe elves?
  17. FederalFUNK

Jan 12, 2005
    my money is on the elves... tiny hands and i dont think there subject to the child labour laws ;)
  18. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Damn you, elves! Damn you all to hell with your tiny hands :mad:
  19. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    of all the basses i've owned and sold.

sadowsky's reign supreme.

too bad you didn't try one of mine.

20. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    We are all welcome to our own opinions. Personally, I have noticed that there is a noticeable difference between mass produced instruments and hand made. If the difference isn't there for you, then be happy that you don't feel compelled to buy expensive instruments like the rest of us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.