1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Not actually sexist, but whatever.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Anaughtybear, Jul 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anaughtybear

Anaughtybear Guest

Apr 3, 2012
    Fargo, ND
    I appreciate that a couple people actually thought about the subject and replied to what I brought up in an intelligent manner. Most people, including the moderator just had a knee-jerk reaction and shut it down. Maybe you thought I was talking about YOU, which isn't the case. I don't know you.

I stated that I had no problem with anyone's sex or sexuality; they just had to impress me musically. Most people just saw the word "gay" and got uncomfortable. So just in case this gets closed again by the time I get a chance to log onto the site, hopefully that clears it up a bit.

I thought the Off Topic area was someplace you could actually bring up an idea related to bass playing and have a discussion about it. Apparently that isn't the case, and I should post something like "What is best bass in world for noob to buy". Nobody minds those.

2. That much you get credit for. Making a thread we haven't seen before.

3. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Your thread was just plain weird, sorry. It came across as sexist and uppity.
    Maybe your wording wasn't the best, maybe the intent behind the thread was misunderstood, whatever.... it's just that from this side, it looked bad. Just sayin

4. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Read the rules. We're not doing this again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.