1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Not alot of Pro-Tone pedal talk around here

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DownFromTheSky, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Ive been looking for some good chorus pedals and stumbled upon the pro tones Raven dirty chorus pedal. It also has a build in distortion that I'm Curious about. Problem is not very many clips and no one seems to talk about them around here much so if anyone has tried that pedal or have any other suggestions i would appreciate it.

2. I tried/owned a Raven. It was okay, not really my cup of tea. It isn't like a 2-in-1 pedal really, it is more some dirt mixed in with the chorus.

3. Thanks for your reply, from what i have heard its a very "fizzily" on the distortion. And since i just ordered the darkglass bk3 i suppose i dont really need another overdrive. What chorus would you reccomend. By the way i play alot of doom/sludge metal.

4. Yeah, if you a B3K that Raven would be very disappointing.
    Honestly an Iron Ether Polytope does some amazing chorus, as well as other micro pitch shifting stuff that sounds SWEET with fuzz.
    What type of fuzz do you use?

5. At the moment im still looking for a boutique fuzz that would go good with the bk3. I was looking at the supercolider because i like its muff tone but im open to suggestions haha

6. MountainKing Electronics Megalith!!!

7. Okay ill check it out right now and let you know what i think

8. well...

9. It sounds epic... i just dont know if i can handle all that synthy fuzz haha

10. I would need a major noise gate to tame that buzz haha

11. If you want gated fuzz check out the MoutainKing Magnetar.

12. WHOAAA that was epic. I think i might just have to place an order lol. Now back to the chorus. Have you tried the corona chorus... i like that it has toneprint

13. Nah, I have never tried that but it seems nice, toneprint is a cool option. I currently have a strymon Mobius for modulation, it is GREAT. I also have had an Eventide ModFactor and it is great as well. I really like both because all of the modulation can have LFOs or Envelopes, just able to shape unique sounds with those.

14. JBNeedsBeer

JBNeedsBeer Supporting Member

May 13, 2011
    New Brunswick, NJ
    For chorus, it really is hard to go wrong with the analog man chorus with depth setting and a mix knob. Also, +1 on the magnetar; it really is an amazing gated fuzz.

15. You seem to have alot of great pedals, do you plan on selling any? If so i might be interested in some fuzz or some sweet chorus

16. Ya i have heard alot of people around here like that to. Guess i just have to look around for some used stuff

17. Who ME? :bag:

Not planning on selling any pedals soon...unless I decide to actually build a Modular Synth :help:

18. Thats to bad ill have to look around. So what type of stuff do you guys play...

19. Oh and is the analog man a stock bass chorus or modded for bass?

20. I am all over the place musically. DeathMetal-Doomy stuff- Garage- One man Electronica project with drum machines/sequenced synths/ synthy and fuzzy bass.