Not another GC horror story!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mike Money, Aug 16, 2003.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Don't worry, this is a story of great customer service.

Tuesday: I walk into GC to get a cord and some strings. I get my cord, then pick out some light gauge GHS boomers.

I get to school, put them on, and they sound AMAZING!

They are quite dead for 24 hour old strings, but i like the sound better than i did the day before.

Thursday: My E and A are already thumpy.

i call GC to ask about their return policy, and they tell me to bring in my reciet and they will hook me up with some new extra slinky EB's.

I dont have my reciept, but i am very pleased that they would have given me new strings.
  2. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    That's just the nature of boomers FME. I don't think there is anything defective with them personally, as they die on me rather quickly as well. My experience with Slinkys is a bit better, but not a lot.

I had a set of DR's that lasted forever on my modulus, months. This was by far the longest any have lasted. Then again, I got some high beams that were significantly less-bright after one gigs worth of sweat, and the fact we ended up with a LOT of moisture that night, dew set in, and everything got wet. We pulled the plug after things started malfunctioning.....luckily my gear is okay.

Try DR's, either high beams, or the stainless low riders.....longest lasting string I have found yet, under normal circumstances.
  3. Sounds good, but Boomers only sound good for about 30 minutes. But as I have and will say, D'Addario EXPs sound GREAT for many many months. And only cost about 30 bucks.
  4. Get Dean Markley blue steels. They sound bright for months and you can find them for about $30 bucks. That sucks that you didn't have your reciept.
  5. I second the DR's. I made the switch from EB slinkys to Lo-riders, and I will never switch back. At first, they are very very bright (too much for me), but after a day or two of playing the hell out of them, they sound incredible, and will last that way for months. I say give 'em a try, especially since they are about the same price as the EB's.
  6. bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    DR's are awesome. They last forever.

I bought acoustic guitar strings at GC(DR's) and the low E string had a wire sticking out, and it wouldent fit through my bridge. I havent gotten around to it yet, but if i bring it in (just the string) will they give me a new one?