Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

not another one of those new amp threads

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lesfleanut, May 29, 2002.

1. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    you guessed it... the flea got a new amp. Its cool (for me). I got a Carvin RL1015 stack. for those of you who have never heard of this, its basicly a 4x10 and a 1x15 with a 1000 watt head. this thing has some balls. If I had to give this a review, I would say that its a good sounding amp. It's very well built, very solid. with metal knobw atatched to the front plate (as opposed to being atatched straight to the board) so the know dont flex the board when you use them. It also has a footswitchable EQ, which now that I have, I could not live with out. I have heard some complaints about the 15 crapping out when you hit the "B" string, but I have a five string and it works great. But if you like to wail on your B (Feildy) then your 15 will bottom out with this rig, but I have found if you use your B tastefully It will treat you well. anyways, this is my first "real" amp. I upgraded from an ampeg 1x15 100 watt combo. this is also my first major purchase with my own money, that makes me love it even more. basicly I would recomend this amp to any bassist who wants a well built, good sounding amp on a budget. heres a link to the amp on carvins website :link to amp

also here is a pic (off there web-site, ill take digi-pics soon)

[​IMG]

P.S. I have been inactive for the past few months (I actualy played my bass instead of talking about it lol) but im gonna try to be more active. Anything new going on around here that I missed. jt kill any more forests? :D

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Cool - congrats!

3. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    That's cool! I had a little brother to that. The RC210 combo on top of a 18" ext cab. I recently sold the 18 with the intent to replace it with an Avatar 15. In the small venues I play, I primarily use the combo by itself.

On a side note, I just bought a Ampeg 100w combo to take with me on small gigs. You and me are in reverse of each other. :)

4. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    ohh cool gabu, one thing I give that ampeg is that it has a real sweet tone. I love my carvin though, its a nice amp.:D

5. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    ohh, I almost forgot. are there any more carvin users on this board. perhaps we could trade eq settings and such. I have already found a wicked slap tone, Im working on the fingerstyle tone (I like it like it is now, but I know it can sound better with some tweaking :) )