No longer available not available

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by BASSPLAYERS4HIM, Jan 25, 2017.

1. BASSPLAYERS4HIM

BASSPLAYERS4HIM

Oct 13, 2011
    Maryland
    Price:
    20170124_164644.jpg

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  2. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Is this still available?

3. BASSPLAYERS4HIM

BASSPLAYERS4HIM

Oct 13, 2011
    Maryland
    Yes, it's still available....

4. Makatak

Makatak

Apr 13, 2002
    New Zealand
    Hi just a question, is your Dunlop 18v quiet and have you tried it on 9v like it says you can ? My 18v 1000mA adapter makes the pedal " whistle " when switched on, but with the 9v 500mA it`s dead quiet, I was interested to know if there was any performance difference between the two and cant really tell with the 18v as its so noisy. The 9v is the traditional square transformer type, my 18v is one of those lightweight "switching " ones, I`m trying to find the traditional transformer ( Boss ) style 18v one but no luck so far. I cant seem to find any power consumption requirements on the stats for this pedal, I see your 18v is only 150mA. Cheers

By the way this is a GREAT pedal and worth their weight in gold, I`ve had a few outboard pre boxes and this eats them all, really makes a passive Jazz Bass sing. Someone should do themselves a favour and buy it !

5. BASSPLAYERS4HIM

BASSPLAYERS4HIM

Oct 13, 2011
    Maryland
    Great comment and Good questions ....
    First of all, I might be doing a huge mistake for selling it but, here's where I am agreeing with you.....and that is, that this Preamp sounds amazingly well in a Jazz either passive/active bass. With great tone and with a rounded tonality....
    For some strange reason, I had so much difficulty playing this Preamp with my soap bar pickups basses...
    But, it stood Greatly with my Jazz basses, unfortunately, I sold them all!

Second, to answer your questions, no, I am not having any noise problems with the 18 volts adapter, in fact that extra 9 Volt makes a tone of great importance difference..........now I have to point out that I have it chained to a Pedalboard that it already has an 18 Volt integrated switch .

When , I first bought it, I was using it with a 9 Volt adapter but I felt it was weak tone wise.
    When, I bought the 18 Volt Dunlop adapter, it made a huge difference, well balanced and with a rounded tone. A while after, I was able to find the Pedalboard with the 18 Volt switch integrated....

Third, here's a good tip that you might want to consider and look out....
    I noticed that many of these whistle noises you are referring to, could be a Ground problem from the wall outlet due to Ground electricity problems.... believe me, I have come dealt with them , and they are very annoying....!
    Check out your instrument's cable as well...
    But, I agree with you...this Preamp it's one of the Best I have played and used.....
    BTW, if you have a chance to try the XOTIC RC BOOSTER preamp .....try it out.....
    For me, it's MY FAVORITE!!!

best regards..

6. Makatak

Makatak

Apr 13, 2002
    New Zealand

Thanks for the reply. I will run it on batteries until I can source a good 18v adapter. I looked at the RC booster but I really wanted the mid control, the other option was the MXR M81 but that was twice the price of the Tri Logic which was on special. I also want a nice clean boost with no dirt so wasn`t interested in any pedals with " drive " .
    Thanks again for the tips and good luck with the sale.

7. BASSPLAYERS4HIM

BASSPLAYERS4HIM

Oct 13, 2011
    Maryland
    Thank you for your comments..

8. flacoclef

flacoclef

Sep 10, 2000
    Texas
    No trades?

9. BASSPLAYERS4HIM

BASSPLAYERS4HIM

Oct 13, 2011
    Maryland
    No trades!

10. BASSPLAYERS4HIM

BASSPLAYERS4HIM

Oct 13, 2011
    Maryland
    Sorry.....No trades!

11. REV

REV Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Does this pedal make a popping noise when you step on the foot switch?

12. BASSPLAYERS4HIM

BASSPLAYERS4HIM

Oct 13, 2011
    Maryland
    Not that I know of....!

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 7, 2021