Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Not Digging my SS2 5 strng!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Dec 22, 2001.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    For the last 4 years, I've played Lulls, Lakies, and Stage 1's, and I CANNOT deal this string spacing! It's driving me friggin' nuts!!!! I absolutely hate it! The spacing, that is.

2. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel
    hey there again Deee Woodchuck.

I wonder, whats so different between the spacing of the SS2 as opposed to the bolt on Warwicks?

isn't it 19mm standard?

is it so awful that it cant be remdeied with the variable spacing of the saddles?

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Woodchuck, the spacing on the SSII isn't as wide as the SSI, is it? I think it is 16.5 mm, which is pretty different from 19 or 20mm.

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    No where near it. I think the Infinity and the SS2 has the tightest spacing.

5. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    well...if you don't like it...i'll gladly take yours as a backup to mine :)

tight spacing 5 strings are all i can play, my hands are too small for anything else. so needless to say, i love my new SSII. :D

btw - warwick 5 & 6 strings come in two spacings. normal and wide - for every single one of them. only the SSI comes with the wideneck option standard. my thumb 5 had the exact same spacing as my SSII.

jason

6. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Tight spacing on a bass sucks. For me. IMO. IME. ASAP. EIEIO