Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Not happy john!! and flea and chad and anthony

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Kickemout, Jul 12, 2002.

1. RHCP tickets go on sale for their aussie tour on monday and the tix are $105!!! People went mad when tool tix cost $78. This is ***damn mad. I'm gonna pay it but they'll be alot of unhappy ppl around.

Not happy

2. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    I don't know if they had much to do with it themselves. This sort of business is usually more the work of management, concert promotion types and Ticketmaster (or whatever the Aussie equivalent of Ticketmaster is). Also it's probably worse down under just on account of the travel costs to get there. Still sucks though....

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Well, the Pepper are not really notorious for being a great live act anyway...

4. Julien

Julien

Dec 29, 2001
    Paris,France
    i saw them twice and they just suck on live performances

5. Jerry, Jr.

Jerry, Jr.

Jun 7, 2002
    Boston, MA
    I agree. I saw them live in '96 and I was not impressed with them in concert. Keep your money!

6. Monkey

Monkey Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    The best way to protest is to not buy a ticket. I've never seen them live, but the videos I've seen were horrible. Anthony sings terribly out of tune.

7. tim4003

tim4003

Apr 30, 2002
    Dawsonville , GA
    I couldn't agree with you more!

8. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    ???????????????????:eek:
    ?????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!:eek:

Don't know when you guys saw them, nor do I know what you're looking for in a show, but I couldn't disagree more. If you're going to the show to hear them play and have it sound exactly like it does on the albums then I can see your point - but if you're going to SEE them, which is what I believe a performance is about, I don't believe you can SEE a more happening live act. Yeah - there are bands that have lots of pyrotechnics and choreography and makeup and gimmicks, but the Peppers are pure energy. I was right up against the stage in a small club in NY a couple of years ago (Fleas side of course) and it nothing short of a religious experience. OK - a little short of one of those.

As fer the money thing - I think their new CD is all about money, as is everything else they seem to be doing. I used to proudly say that the Chili Peppers were my favorite band. Now I feel people would't understand. I have add "early" Chili Peppers to that statement. Oh well.

9. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Wow, Joe, you're the first Chili Peppers fan I've heard who isn't a fan of the new stuff. (Of course, I'm probably just talking to all the wrong people. ;))

I enjoy the new stuff, but haven't heard anything earlier than BSSM, which is the only album I own. I might pick up the new album, seeing as I'm digging the new single.

10. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I stopped buying their albums after Mother's Milk.
    They were energetic in the old days, but not so much anymore, and now it shows more that Kiedies is not a good live singer. That their gigs are usually on the short side (never saw them play more than 70 minutes) doesn't help either.

11. dmbbassdude

dmbbassdude

Apr 25, 2001
    NY
    I really dig the Pepper's funkier, old school stuff, but I just bought By The Way, and I would have to say it is one of my fav Pepper's cd's. Out of all the cd's, it is the least funky, and least "flea centered" album, but it really is a beautiful album. They really played around a lot with harmonizing and singing on this album, and a lot of the songs have a real Beach Boys/Beatles kind of feel, it took a while to get used to, but it definitley grows on you.

12. I had the highest of hopes for the new album, but I was really let down. Kiedis sounds almost the exact same on every track, and the majority of the tracks have the smooth sounds of Frusciante's guitar clashing with the funk of Flea's bass. I should have been able to see this from the way By The Way (the single) was put together, but it flew over my head. Individually, I love all the Chili Peppers. Together, they should have worked this album out better. For now, I'm stuck listening to Mother's Milk, BSSM, and Frusciante's solo album.

13. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    fishbone...that's all i have to say.;)

14. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    get their live DVD/VHS and save the money of the tickets

15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Word!

16. BassDom

BassDom

Dec 1, 2001
    Brantford

I couldn't agree more with what you said...Chili peppers live performances are nothing but pure energy and I love how they jam out alot of their songs. What the hell is the point of paying $100+ to see a band if they play all their songs exactly like on the CD?

I don't like the new CD much either. Seems like their making their songs so everybody likes them as opposed to when they made songs because they liked em...

17. JOhnk

JOhnk

Mar 31, 2001
    burlington, vt
    couldn't agree more about anthony singing off tune.. I got into the chili's rather recently, about the time californication came out, and backtracked to all of their old records. but when they played one of the mtv award shows, doing 'californication', I was put into a state of pure "what the hell?".

Anthony aside, flea, john, and chad do seem to put on a great show.

18. Hell, he sings out of tune on the records!

19. Off The Map is REALLY good. I've never seen em live, but that DVD is great.

20. I dont know what you guys are on, but I've seen the Peppers three times, first on the 'One Hot Minute' tour and twice on the 'Californication' tour, and each time I was so blown away by the performance. I've seen most of the big acts of the past decade live, and the Chili's blow most of them off the stage.

The new album is amazing! I cant stop listening to it, it gets better with every listen.
    Jim