1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Not just new bass day...NEW GEAR DAY!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pbass6811, Mar 11, 2010.

1. pbass6811

pbass6811

Nov 10, 2008
    Indy, IN
    Ok, so I've had a pretty good run the last few weeks, but I think the gear buying pretty much comes to a halt after this last round!! Here's what I got today(well, some of it came last night, but I didn't really get to check it out until today!):
    P3110455.jpg

Modulus Q5W-Alder body/Bubinga top, Bart P/Us & pre, WIDE neck!

I managed to score a "local artist endorsement" deal with Genz Benz, so I picked this up last night...
    IMG_0305.jpg

Genz Benz Shuttlemax 12.0 & Uber 410! This replaces the Markbass LMTube 800(which I really like!) and the Ampeg 810E(which I really didn't like).

Here's a new, updated family portrait...
    P3110452.jpg

From left: Modulus Q5W, Spector Forte5, Spector Euro 4LX, Stuart Moye Custom 5(not pictured: my MTD 535-24 Mahogany body/Chechen top/Maple neck/Rosewood board-On loan to a good friend/buyer)

Life isn't bad right now...:hyper:

2. XXL

XXL calm seas dont make skilled sailors

Jun 14, 2007
    Florida
    WOW! Great gear.. What were your plans for the MarkBass?

3. HaMMerHeD

HaMMerHeD

May 20, 2005
    I don't know you but I feel I can honestly say that you are a jerk.

Just kidding, nice jealousy-inducing stuff...

4. NICE!
    If you ever get tired of the Spector Euro 4LX I'll be happy to take it off your hands!:)

5. pbass6811

pbass6811

Nov 10, 2008
    Indy, IN
    Hey! I'll probably sell it. I was thinking about keeping it for a back-up, but I'll probably get a smaller GB head for a spare. If you're interested, let me know and we can work something out!

Thanks...now my self-esteem is in the toilet! :DLOL! I've been really fortunate and I'm grateful for everything that I have!

Ya' know, I am so enthralled by Spalted Maple that if I do get rid of any of these basses, which I won't, that would prolly be the LAST one I'd sell...But I will remember that...;)

6. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    Much is expected from those who have much,.....and you got more much than most.

7. heb9_28

heb9_28

Jul 1, 2009
    The neck on that Modulus is insane. Widest 5 I've ever seen.

But still soooooo sick. Congrats on the endorsement as well.

8. rmkesler

rmkesler

May 6, 2009
    Winder, GA
    That Genz looks like Mission Control with all those knobs! :D

I'd say you're having an awesome day. Congrats!

9. pbass6811

pbass6811

Nov 10, 2008
    Indy, IN
    You are not kidding! I thinks it's something like 22.25 mm spacing! Great for slapping, just don't look for any chording demos on this bass! As far as the endorsement thing goes, trust me, it's NOT because I'm some amazing virtuoso...I'm not even close! I do play in one of the busiest bands in Indy. We play all the time! Sometimes it's not about how good you are, but how much you play! LOL!

If I could get my hands on one of those Fender's with all the knobs & switches, I MIGHT be able to launch the space shuttle! I'm having an awesome couple of months! LOL! Thanks!

I was afraid of that...:)

10. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Congrats! That's some really nice gear. Genz is high-quality stuff for sure, so kudos on the endorsement deal.

11. DERECOLA

DERECOLA

Aug 21, 2006
    PA
    wow nice looking family you have there...

12. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Feel Like A Stranger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    Gnice!

13. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Nice basses, but my purpose for posting here is to ask how you like that Uber cab.(?) I'm a huge fan of those Uber's.

14. mgauge

mgauge

Dec 21, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    GAS!!!!! GAS!!!!!!

15. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    Eastern North Dakota
    I miss new gear day. Now that I am resolved to playing my Yamaha and Genz stuff, I have to live thru my TB connections.

16. pbass6811

pbass6811

Nov 10, 2008
    Indy, IN
    Thanks all! Again, I'm very fortunate to have the stuff I have and I appreciate it!

RickenBoogie-The 1st "live" test will be Friday night. I played with it for a while when it showed up yesterday, but not at "gig" volume. It sounded amazingly full and had a real presence to it! I was really impressed with it when I hooked up my Markbass Tube800, but it really came online when I hooked up the Shuttlemax! I have really high hopes for this Uber cab...so much so that I already sold my Ampeg 810!!

17. KsPiNeSh

KsPiNeSh

Mar 28, 2008
    Kansas City
    My experience with my Uber 410 was that it sounded pretty good when I first got it, and sounded awesome after a week or two of loosening with my GBE 1200. Girth and heft while still focused and a touch angry... my Thumb and my Spector sound beautiful :)

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 26, 2020