Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Not ODB-3, but............

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SKB, Dec 15, 2001.

1. SKB

SKB Guest

Im looking for a good distortion pedal to get but im not sure which one. I have a boss odb-3 overdrive, and I use it in two of my songs. My band wants me to put more distortion in some parts of some new song, but i dont want to use the same overdrive sound over and over. Is there any good sounding distortion pedals that dont sound like the odb-3?

thanks

2. It's not a Boss ODB, but it is true Bass Overdrive.
    [​IMG]

True bypass, Compression on/off switch,
    Overdrive channel & Boost channel for distortion.
    Go from clean, to overdrive, to distortion with just a stomp. However, some may not call the Boost a true distortion because it sounds too sweet.

3. SansAmp BDDI or a rackmount distortion/overdrive preamp so you can get good clean sounds too, you can also use modified guitar preamps for distortion if you want to spend that much money. Really scooping the mids 500-600Hz and pumping up the bass, gain and treble give you a really "devilish" crunching sound, boosting the high mids (3kHz) adds a little extra bite. That type of eq may sound a little bad to some when clean but when distorted it really cuts and blends with the guitars.