1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Not really a gig report

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Paulabass, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Paulabass

Paulabass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2017
    ...Friday (Saturday morning) finished packing up the gig at 2:00 a.m. with a 2 hour drive home. Load in Saturday was at 4:00 and we loaded out at 2:00 a.m...........
    Sunday morning I woke up still tired. Dragged my ass around and got ready for the noon soundcheck for the jam. I was just not feelin' it, and took 1/2 my rig, no pedal board, and one bass (realized no board, no tuner :( ) and got to the show running on coffee.
    It's the jam, I'm going to sit-out most of the day and relax....our featured guest did not bring his band, and the room was filling up fast. I picked the best drummer in the room, and strapped on my bass. A couple more jammers with me on bass, and MY band 'No Idea' showed up unexpectedly. We played a few songs, and invited more jammers. Then Reif showed up from Ottawa, and my OTHER band took the stage for a power-trio blues set, then we finished up the evening playing for a few other jammers.
    I played for 5 hours without leaving the stage......luckily it was my house gig, so all I had to pack was mics and cables (still 21 channels of them!!)
    I'm a bit tired again today, but what a fun weekend!! 44953755_10161000545030383_3305174915652517888_n.

McG, ak56, Torrente Cro and 1 other person like this.
  2. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi Paula,

You're a bit of a workaholic. ;) But it's a good tired when you've had fun and made some good music with friends. :)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

3. Paulabass

Paulabass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2017
    At some point the jam always has this- just fill the stage and play some three chord song. Johnny Laing brought a cool B-bender Les Paul and added some cool pedal steel riffs.

44916275_10156722779614650_5725140677709266944_n.

McG and BassCliff like this.
  4. donkeygrl

donkeygrl Supporting Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Indiana
    Sounds like a crazy busy awesome weekend!

5. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    Ah, a real working bass player.
    Thanks for sharing.