1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Not sure about this answer (Yet another puzzle!)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Alvaro Martín Gómez A., Feb 20, 2008.

1. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Hi everybody.

Now I've been asked to order the events' sequence in the five stories within this array:

Stories.

I have my answer ready, but I'm unsure about some of my choices, which I've put in bold:

The fisherman and the bear: D2, B1, E3, B3

The painter and the kid: A2, C1, A4, C3

The egg: B2, C4, D3, E1

Feeding birds: A1, B4, E4, C2

Mined field: A3, D1, E2, D4

What do you think? Thank you in advance!

(FYI: "campo minado" is Spanish for "mined field" and "granos" is Spanish for "grains")

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I'm going to agree with you. Not having a larger image and not having my glasses on, I won't say I'm absolutely certain, but as it is, I think you're right.

3. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    I got a different answer for the guy with the birds

E4 A1 B4 C2

It seemed like in the first frame, E4, the birds are leaving the guy. So he does to the store in A1 for better food, he gets a few birds with that food in B4, and gets too many birds in C2.

4. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Exactly what I've been thinking and made me doubt about my decision. Thank you, TF!

Now, what makes me think about the painter and the kid: Did he finish painting the tree and then the kid goes to check it out (C3 - A4)? Or does the boy check the tree first and then tells the guy that it's wrong (A4 - C3)?

Thank you again!

5. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    I think C3 happened before A4. To me, it looks like the painter paints extra leaves, the kid gets confused, and goes to take a closer look at the tree.