Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Not sure if its a repost, cool video :D

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mfo, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Oh my...

I'm reminded of that one guy on Boondocks..."Can you say that again? I couldn't hear you over the sound me of $#$%#^* myself."

2. i thoguht they were gonna tear apart their guitars half way through it d@^^n

3. :eek:

I'm done.

4. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i respect the obvious talent. but that style of playing just isn't my cup of tea.

5. It used to do a lot more for me than it does now. Talented? Most definitely. Amazing? Sure. Just not my thing. It kinda bugs me how Victor Wooten is the end-all of bassists in the opinion of many people at my college that I've discussed music with. Certainly not all, but for the kids who pay attention to the bass at some level - everyone seems to go ga-ga over Wooten. When I tell people that I'm a bassist, most invariably ask, "So, can you play that Victor Wooten stuff?" Hell no I can't. Not that there's anything wrong with it, I just think that the flash of it all kinda blinds some people to equally amazing, if more subtle, music that's out there.

Sorry for the mini-rant.

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I saw that on youtube.com.... that sounds soooOoooOoOoO bad on guitar!!