Not sure what to do next...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by z4knerd, Dec 11, 2004.

1. z4knerd

Jul 1, 2004
    I'm trying my best to get myself into a band, but there's always something!

My first try was with a couple of my brother's friends who played guitar/keyboard, but that was over in about 3 weeks because apparently the guitarist's fingers hurt too much to play.
    My second attempt (which I am still attempting) with a couple friends jsut kind of falls apart as they never feel like jamming at all.
    I even called up a few ads that were posted on the bulletin board at a local music shop, and its getting frustrating - nothing seems to work.

Has anyone else been in this situation? What did you do to get yourself going? I'm starting to run out of ideas :(
  2. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    just be patient, i'm sure something will come along...until then, just practice hard and make sure your ears are open to everything.

best of luck

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

Why don't YOU post a few ads looking for musicians. Let them come to you, instead of you running around like a puppy dog trying to find a band to love you.

You need to make yourself appealing. Are you good enough and ready to be in a band? What kind of gear do you have? If you're showing up at tryouts with a Crate amp and Johnson jazz knock off, people may not be taking you seriously.

Yeah, yeah, yeah..I know that people shouldn't judge you based on your gear but they do.

4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    How old are you?

How long have you been searching?

It takes a lot of time and effort to get a band going and that time and effort has to come from all members.

Keep at it and it will work out eventually.