1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Not sure which forum - nice bass straps?!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Musicman20, May 7, 2010.

1. Hi everyone

Ive been looking for a decent strap for a while.

Im based in the UK if that affects things.

I want a decent and hardwearing strap, but I dont want a strap that only allows low slung positions. I want to have my bass quite high and support my back for the 2 hour sets we have coming up.

I have looked into Mono GS1 and Comfort Strapp.

Any ideas?

I did start to look into leather but Im not sure I like how the leather 'sticks' and stops the bass moving on your shoulder when you need it to.

Any help would be great.

2. I may as well check, any issues with the metal hardwear on the Mono strap dinging the bass finish?!

3. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Clicking 'straps' in the miscellaneous forum search brought up quite a few threads on straps. There were some in the basses forum too.

4. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    The Sadowsky strap is perfect.

5. CosmicRay

CosmicRay Supporting Member

I have used the Comfort Strapp for years. Make sure you get the wider bass strap....
    IMO, of course....

6. RPIcka

RPIcka

Apr 19, 2006
    BC, Canada
    Neotech bass strap

7. RedLeg

RedLeg Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Kaiserslautern, Germany
    Nov Shmoz Ka Pop?
    I am lucky, a guy at my work is making me a custom 4" wide leather strap for cost.

8. MCN

MCN

Feb 8, 2007
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Having tried Comfort Strapp and a few others, my current fave for some time now is the Mono GS1. Don't think you would be sorry with that choice.

9. yehongxiang

yehongxiang

Dec 15, 2009
    Singapore
    Love my Mono GS1 as well.

10. i have 2 comfort straps (one duncan locks and one schaller locks) and they are great.

the neoprene cushons the weight of the bass as well as your shoulder (it sags to a balance, so the weight spreads through the whole strap not just contact site)

i am in UK so availability should not ba an issue (i ebayed mine from a uk seller)

11. The GS1 looks great, and now ive checked the pictures, im sure the metal parts of the strap dont come in contact with the bass finish when you are using the strap.

Its definitely between the GS1 and Strapp.

12. i'm a pretty small guy and i don't like to wear my bass low, so i have problems with a lot of straps being to long. i bought this strap from strapking and it's pretty awesome http://www.guitarstrapking.com/node/42

13. BiigM

BiigM

Nov 11, 2007
    Denmark
    I bought 2 Moody Straps a year ago.

Not cheap but definitely best strap I ever owned.

14. Visti

Visti

Aug 20, 2005
    Aalborg, Denmark
    I am so happy with the Mono strap I've got. It's super durable, wide and padded with memory foam for extra comfort.

15. Mingo Sanders

Mingo Sanders

Mar 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Eyeland Enterprises

Home Page

Stock

Custom

I may be receiving one as a birthday gift, so I don't have any personal experience with one. IMO the best way to avoid discomfort is physical conditioning, e.g., stretching and strengthening of the affected muscle structures.

16. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    I have the same issue. My favorite strap is a random fender one I got about 5 years ago, it's got the "vintage" style like the 2" one they make now, but it's wider. It was on clearance when I got it, should have gotten two. I guess it's supposed to be a kids strap, but it fits perfectly :D. I like the strap you linked, but I had the long overhang on the back side. I have that issue with one I have now, I got it for the width and padding, but it hangs really far down the back since I strap it so high.

17. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    I like my 3" Franklin suede straps.

Italia straps also get rave reviews on these boards too.

18. christle

christle

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    This is one of my favourites. I found that the ComfortStrapp never quite sat right for me...I use the NeoTech on most of my basses.

Another great strap is the Softie. You can get it from Shoreline Music. It is a 3.5 inch wide soft leather strap that is really easy on the shoulder.

19. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Levy's MSS2-4. THE best strap I've ever owned. They're not cheap, but to me, it's worth every penny!

[​IMG]