Not that I needed another Ampeg....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bulltrout, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Bulltrout

Bulltrout Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    johnpbass, Qlanq, kobass and 7 others like this.
  2. Cuda

Cuda

Sep 19, 2013
    That's beautiful, and I'm sure it will serve you well . I've been thinking of that same rig but I surely don't need it. Amp -e g gas get me every time .

3. Is that on GC's throw it out door don't worry a bassist will be there to catch it deal?

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Whoa! Heritage B-15N! Nice...looks like you just pulled it out of the box. I've only heard recordings but they sound badass what I've heard. And I like that they use 12ax7's instead of 6SL7's. You can find new 12ax7's anywhere for cheap and they can be pretty darn good, but new 6sl7's don't sound anywhere near as good in B-15's as NOS. So what kind of tubes do they come with? JJ's?

lowplaces likes this.
  5. Bulltrout

Bulltrout Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Not gonna lie, it sounds great. Time will tell if it sounds better than the other Ampeg's I have but the '66 bias setting is pretty special to my ears. I'll pull the grill off to see what tubes are in it.

JimmyM likes this.
  6. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Ya, that's cool how they let you mix and match from those two different eras of B-15 designs. I'm also really digging the black powder coat. That was a cost-cutting move but it does look badass.

Bulltrout likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021