Not traditional but good enough

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Grunge, Jun 29, 2002.

1. Ibanez

4 vote(s)
  2. Jackson

1 vote(s)
  3. Washburn

1 vote(s)
  4. I hate all of them, prefer vintage or/and classical stuff

7 vote(s)
  5. Fender

8 vote(s)
  6. Warwick

8 vote(s)
  7. Spector

6 vote(s)
  8. Other (explain please)

2 vote(s)
  1. Grunge

Jun 3, 2002
    hey guys. Which basses(brand) would u consider the best "alternative" one?????????
  2. Where's Fender? :rolleyes:

actually, I need a few more :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: in there, this is a very useless thread, I feel bad bumping it to the top...
  3. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    ***? a poll without Conklin Groove Tools? :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

geez.... i dont know if i can talk to you anymore...;)
  4. umm, well, ibanez seems to be working on improving their current line of basses. there seems to be quite a few people on this site with ibanez basses. just my two cents.

5. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    What about Warwicks? They fit the bill, don't they?
  6. superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    well, i don't like any of those basses, but hey, it's his poll... if he wants a narrow field, what the heck~
    pretty weird poll though:confused:
  7. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Choices are quite limited here. Hmm, I bet I can fix that.:D
  8. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Waste of space this thread is. I say Roscoe and Curbow.
  9. Rod B.

Rod B.

Jun 11, 2002
    Oh sure, now you went and changed the poll. Now I want to change my answer!

Subtract one from "I hate all of them" and add one to "Fender". :)
  10. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

But... but... he asked for *not* traditional, and most Fender basses are about as traditional as you can get!!

(RB5, RB5, RB5, RB5, RB5....)
  11. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I don't care about tradition....and I like pretty much any modern bass better than a Fender or any other "classic" bass.
    Why sound like everybody else?
  12. YamahaYamahaYamahaYamaha!

:D (Guess what I own?)
  13. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Ironically most bassists I know go for modern sounds. So I end up sounding most unique playing my 62 Jazz Bass reissue.
  14. The Japanese reissue? I actually almost bought one of those instead of my Yamaha
  15. Grunge

Jun 3, 2002
    Well the pool originally didn't have Fender as one of hte options but then Ryan Lunneborg just came and chenged it......i don't want to be rude but u just made the pool worse.

Hey JMX i'm REALLY sorry about the final game....(maybe because i'm Brazilian)
  16. Deutschland ERRRRR, Warwick Uber Alles!
    Congrats, Brazil. (El Senhor es Brasileno--at least for today...and I don't even speak Portuguese). I would agree with someone earlier's assessment of Ibanez; definitely a company to watch, but there is a reason why Warwick claims to be the #1 high-end production bass builder out there. Peavey has also been given short shrift here. I am not a fan of 35" scale but a Cirrus did melt in my hands not too long ago....this is the same way that I discovered and fell in love with The Sound of Wood.
  17. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    This is the reason that Fender made it on there. Other than that, I just picked a few others off the top of my head.

Just ignore the fact that it is on there.
  18. Actually my Yamaha is a Jazz-Style bass but it has active electronics and everything is a bit more modern than on a fender jazz.