1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Notch for the Truss Rod Pocket on the PG..

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by DanBass, Mar 15, 2013.

1. DanBass

DanBass

Jan 27, 2003
    Gainesville, FL
    As you may have seen in my other riveting pickguard thread, I have a MIM Fender P from the mid 90's.. Cool little bass.

Since I am broke and want to mod inexpensively, I am changing out the knobs, pickguard.. Yeah, I am a regular luthier in training. :rolleyes: haha

Anyhoo.. the truss for my bass - is accessible from the top of the neck above the nut.. I got a Fender PG with a notch for the TR in the guard as if it was at the base of the neck..

Would this rule it out completely regarding a fit? It is not a king's ransom, but $15 is $15.

:bag:

2. I’d get a pickguard without the truss rod access cutout for your bass, otherwise IMO it will look dumb - anyway, unless you measure the PG and the distributor guarantees a fit there is no way of really knowing until you try it. Good luck.

3. StrangerDanger

StrangerDanger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    If you have the pickguard, see if it fits. If you dont then buy one that is made for the Standard (read MIM) bass. They make them like that.

End thread?

4. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    if it's a fender "standard" pickguard, it should still fit either american (truss rod at body) or mexi nicely.