1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Note Effects Such as Bends in Standard Notation?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Poop-Loops, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    I see that tabs just spell out "full bend" or on guitar pro there is a nifty feature that tells you, but only on the tab portion. If I want to transcribe to standard notation, what symbol would I use to indicate something like a bend, ghost note, etc?

2. DocBop

DocBop

Feb 22, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Usually they will write the starting pitch as a smaller than normal note with a slash thru the flag to the stem, then the target pitch and a slur connecting them. If you just Google you can find explaination with examples.

3. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Found some, thanks. How about when you do a bend, then back down before playing the next note? And Ghost notes? I know dead notes you use an X instead of a dot for the head. Should I just use that?

Tremolo bar to dive bomb? Stuff that the shredders of Olde probably didn't think of. =/

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Read a few issues of Guitar Player. They do it all the time. They use a combo of notation and written words, and it works out very well.