Note: Guitarist's Effect Questions.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bigfeet, Apr 15, 2002.

1. Effects has been getting a few of these questions lately and I'd like to clear things up. This is an online forum for bassists, even the Effects Forum, so if your guitarist has a question about effects make him go to an online forum for guitarist. Chances are it'll get better feedback from other guitarists. Guitarist's questions will be closed and if it is appreciated I'll suggest a guitarist's message board.

Thankyou, and remember that <b>your</b> questions are still very welcome and enjoy the forum.
    I'll leave this thread open for any questions/suggestions you may have.
  2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Maybe if you put an attack dog in the lobby, we could avoid this kind of thing!
  3. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    I think the posting of guitar effects on an unregular basis wouldnt be that bad of a thing. I think people post their questions like that here for one reason and one reason only...they can trust the members of TB and their opinions better than people at some of the other sites. I mean we all already have one thing in common to beging with (bass). I would trust anyone ones opinion from on here 10 fold to some schmucks at another site.
  4. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    I rarely use effects on bass but use them all the time on guitar.

Bigfeet-it's 'your' forum do what you feel is right. However if anyone wants to know about effects for guitarists then here's two sites to recommend

I am a member of the former and lurk on the latter under the name CS (suprise). I also go to the HC effects forum which is the most civil one there but still a bit scary at times (they have cleaned up their act a lot as from mid April).

I have no probs answering guitar effects questions on this or any other board. Your call and I personally am ok with either option.