Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

notes from the field - Bergantino HT112 vs. HT212

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by frederic b. hodshon, Nov 14, 2002.

1. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    i've been playing in a few different stylistic sitches lately.

has given me the chance to experiment with my cabs, and amp settings.

i took my Bergie HT112 to a hard rock rehearsal, bridged my QSC to mono. while it was loud enough, i didn't quite have the push the HT212 had.

although, in a trio of bass, guitar and violin, the HT112 absolutely KICKED BUTT!!!!!!!

perfect tone, especially with my Spalt/Totem Modine bass.

back to the hard rock/drums band, the 112 didn't quite cut it as i said, but the HT212 completely smokes the room!!! (that's a good thing).

i always bridge to mono now, and keep an eye on the levels.

like a thick piece of french toast drenched in syrup!!!

YUM!!!!!

next: use BOTH the HT212 and the HT112 at the rockin gig...Jerry says so, so there!

f

2. F,
    Just tried out my 212 last week for the first time at the gig Sat. Ssssss-mokin! I didn't bridge mine though. Had lots of h-room. I'm going to try my two Bergs together too ala Jerry. Except I tried stacking the cabs with the little guy on top of course and the amp rig didn't look to comfy or cool up there. Next I tried putting the amp rig between the 212 and 112 which fit much better. I didn't really like that either because of the vibes on top and bottom. That couldn't be doing my gear any good sandwiched between the two thunderous cabs. So, I found and old amp stand and put the amp rig on that with six ft. speaker cables going to the cabs. It's actually pretty cool and my amp/tuner/preamp are right next to me. I already asked Bob Lee if it would bother any of the components facing up at almost 12 o'clock high, he said it's fine. I'll probably only use this set up at bigger or outdoor events. Nice opition though. :D

3. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    My Demeter/QSC2402 are in a pretty heavy duty Anvil rack case......and the HT112 seems to sit up there pretty comfortably;) On my thursday night gigs [ like tonight] I bring both the Bergie 3/10 & 2/12.............talk about heaven:D

4. F,
    So you choose to use the Bridge Mono? I have not been that impressed with my 112 an actually prefer the parallel set up. I have the amp turned up all the way on ch-1 and the Dem on about 11:00 in the active input. I have the 2402 set in parallel, 30hz, clip protection on both sides. I have not tried the bridge with the Ht-212 really. I hate those bannana plugs. I guess I should make up on with speak-on connectors.

I really didn't see that much difference with the bridge when using the 112, what was your biggest like about it? Maybe it's my basses.....

5. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I've had great luck with the HT112 powered by the EA iamp600 in a small room. My favorite setup, however, is the Bergie HT115 with the HT210 on top powered by the Stewart 2.1, mono-bridged to 2100 watts into the 4 ohm load. Major headroom but a truly clean, balanced sound out of those two cabs. Perfect in a medium sized club.

6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

OMG, that's my idea of heaven too! Too bad heaven won't fit in the back of my Cruiser (not with rack rig back there as well). :eek: :(