1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

'nother new old noob

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by sq105, Mar 12, 2013.

1. sq105

sq105 Country Squire

Jan 19, 2013
    Owen Sound, Ontario
    Greetings to All! What a great forum this is - my thanks to the founders & administrators!
    I started playing the bass in 1970 in a trio with my twin brother and a friend. Since there were few bass players around in my area I got asked to play with all kinds of different bands.
    Lately I've been playing in a trio at a local resort. These are great gigs because of the many special guests and variety of different genres in the repertoire. Also play in a jazz duo with my girlfriend (mostly guitar).
    My collection includes a 100 year old double bass (gamba corner round back), a heavily modified acoustic bass, and just building a new electric bass. The new electric mimics the fat-bottom body shape of the old Epiphone archtops and will have a Gibson G3 pickup on a Grabber style slider.
    Attached is a pic of my acoustic bass with G3 bass pickup and hidden K&K Sound transducer.

Attached Files: