Nothing really matters...(Metallica concert incident content, NSF?)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Michedelic, Aug 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

BornAgainBass likes this.
  2. levis76

levis76 Defender of the Low Ender

Apr 14, 2007
    Metro Detroit
    Jesus, when did a Metallica concert become a family outing you take your 10yr old little girl to? Oh yeah, right after the black album, thanks a lot Bob Rock, you ruined my fav metal band you douche.

andruca, Mister Boh, Charlzm and 27 others like this.
  3. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

I agree about taking a 10yo to see Metallica, that's just not on.

The last time I went to see Slayer, I vowed never again, because the fans are bonkers!

Exodus fans are pretty nuts, too. When I saw them, 7 people were carried out of the pit on stretchers after the first 3 songs.
    Toxic Waltz, Bonded by Blood, and I can't recall the other 1
    (I think it was their cover of Low Rider, but that doesn't seem to be a song to get violent over)

Novarocker and BornAgainBass like this.
  4. Dean N

Dean N

Jul 4, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    If I was that girl's dad, I'd have rammed my boot so far up that jagoff's bunghole, he'd lose teeth.

That said, 10-year-old girl at a Metallica show? Nah.

5. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    He may pay for the rest of his life.

In some places that would get you on the registered sex offender list.

6. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    I don't want to immediately question the veracity of your story, but I'm just going to say that after attending approximately thousands of concerts in the punk and metal categories over the last 30+ years, I have never once seen a single person hauled out of any pit on a stretcher, let alone multiple people hauled out on stretchers during a single song, let alone seen a venue that had seven separate stretchers on hand for the first 15 minutes of any concert.

7. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    I guess the venues there don't have vomitoriums? :D

Oh, and taking a 10 year old to a metal show? I'm not going there beyond, really?

BornAgainBass likes this.
  8. I got kicked in the eye, thrown on the floor, stomped, windmilled... at Bloodhound Gang, walked out with some fun bruises. Never have I seen anyone carried out of a gig except that one girl who faints in the live segment of Michael Jackson's Moonwalker. Not even at a 12 hour punk festival.

Oh wait there was that guy who jumped from the balcony at Reef at Shephards Bush Empire, and landed on the crowd fence.... he went off in a stretcher.

As to the OP, I saw Oasis at Wembley Stadium in 2000. What a bunch of nobs they attract. People peeing in pint glasses and throwing them into the crowd. Yum.

9. jjmuckluckjr

jjmuckluckjr

Mar 24, 2015
    Wow, there's so many things wrong with that story, I don't know where to start. Let's talk about parenting skills. Does the whole world need to be child-proofed? Or perhaps you should leave your little angel home instead of exposing (no pun intended) her eardrum shattering volumes and out of control drunken man-boys. That being said, the mad pisser definitely deserves a knuckle sandwich. Ugh.

Sunset Shalom, BooDoggie and Atshen like this.
  10. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    What's the deal, Daddio?

636377339322246046-Daniel-Daddio.PNG

Favorite movie? 'The Whiz'... Pay no attention to the man behind the urinal.

11. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    ... or at least the 'Pee-ople You Don't Want To Stand In Front Of' list...

bassdude51 and Aqualung60 like this.
  12. The Rage

The Rage

Nov 12, 2013
    Those people were serving the song :D

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  13. Medicine Man

Medicine Man

Apr 10, 2015
    none
    I was at a rhcp show and my wife starts just pounding some guy in the face with right hooks. I pulled her off, thinking she was having some kind of chemically induced mental detour. Turns out the guy peed on her leg, but by the time she explained he was gone. At least she got a couple good shots in.

14. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Elitist Jazz Snob ********

Dec 22, 2016
    Upstate, NY USA
    Over the past quarter century, I've been in good pits and bad pits (the most polite being, oddly enough, Babymetal). But Metallica has been around for 35 years and play huge outdoor events where there is plenty of space for families far away from anything that would involve stretchers.

wintremute and Savage_Dreams like this.
  15. Whether or not a 10yr old should be at a Metallica concert or not isn't really the point, this idiot peed on a group of people in front of him. If it had been me I can assure you that I would have put my foot so far up that guy's ass that people would have thought we were Siamese twins.

16. Duder

Duder

Dec 6, 2014
    Florida
    Killswitch Engage used to do this "wall of death" thing with the pit and both times I've seen it there were multiple people carried out of the pit. Old Pantera shows were also known for having brutal pits where people had to be carried out.

17. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    Hush little baby don't say a word...

18. gln1955

gln1955 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    That Jerkweasel is lucky he isn't having to use a catheter right now.

Novarocker, Aqualung60 and Spidey2112 like this.
  19. bassdude51

bassdude51 "You never even called me by my name." Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Central Ohio
    Thanks for sharing this "pee pee" story. WOW!

Tossing in my .02 cents on the matter.

A bad scene can very easily encourage bad scenes, like being peed on. In other words......certain types of music concerts and other forms of entertainment attract people who are like the stuff they go to see. (Who do you expect to meet at a Star Trek convention?) Like "leaking" fans and stupid parents who bring an under-aged kid to a questionable type of concert.

Also, if something is wrong or bad for a 10 year old kid, why is it ok for us? Isn't bad, bad? Isn't wrong, wrong?

I really like the title of this thread....................."Nothing really matters............." I guess that, nothing really matters anymore.

20. leamdav

leamdav Gold Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2017
    Frankfort, IL
    Just recently saw Metallica in Newton Iowa. It had been 15 years since I had seen them last. I definitely noticed a lot of families there. It was odd to see it, but honestly, not that surprising. Most of the long term fans are in their 40's and 50's now and they have families. Makes sense that they would bring them to the show as well. I was up in the nosebleeds so I didn't even need my ear plugs and it was safe enough away from the mosh pits.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021