nothing says gun safety like shooting yourself in a gun safety demonstration

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DEFELDUS, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Wow. I'm pretty sure one of the rules of gun safety is to make sure the front is pointed away from yourself as well as anything else you want to not die (or shot in the leg).
  2. slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
  3. :eek:

And he's teaching gun safety?

S'pose it was an accident, but still...

4. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Absolutely. One of the four foundational rules of gun safety. If the four rules are being followed negligence like this cannot and will not happen. It sounds like he was breaking another rule of gun safety as well - finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot. This kind of negligence usually happens when someone has their finger on the trigger as they engage the slide, thus loading a bullet into the chamber. The finger being on the trigger fires it almost immediately. I'm not absolutely certain that's how it happened but I'd bet on it. :scowl: :rollno:

brad cook
  5. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Yeah, all that is what I learned, too. Perhaps the guy might want to consider a career change. ;)
  6. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    What kind of asshat actually brings a loaded gun to a gun safety class?
  7. definate candidate for a Darwin award. A 'snoozer' of the highest order. :scowl:

8. that seems like the biggest issue to me as well. why was there a bullet in the gun to start with :confused:
  9. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA

10. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    And to think-there's idiots like him all over the place, not just in my state. :eek: : :scowl: :help:
  11. That's an interesting noun, Michael. Where'd you pick that one from? :confused:
  12. Why was he demonstrating gun safety at 11pm? :confused:

Mike ;)
  13. yeh! 11pm?! c'mon, that's perv-hou.. oh, err... night watching time.

14. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    -those are the two I remeber best, had a class once. I was a good shot with the 9mm and OK with the .38 but could not hit anything with the .45. -not really sure why, but maybe it had something to do with recoil.
  15. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    And on a boat ramp....

Not only that, but his career is a Coroner from the Title of the Article. I dont think this was a "class", just happened to be showing some folks, maybe that were about to get on his boat with loaded guns, how to be safe lol.