Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nothingface Skeletons

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Josh Ryan, Apr 23, 2003.

1. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    To any Nothingface fan who is wondering what the new album is like, it rocks. It is FAR better than violence. This is the album that should have followed "An Everyday Guide...". Nothingface continues their quest to refine aggression into audio, incorporating interesting changes and unexpected melody. Good stuff all around.

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I saw Nothingface at a small CT club years ago opening up for Tree. Kinda like inarticulate noise, but that's most likely the club's fault (horrible soundsystem and soundmen-at least it used to be). I felt bad for the guys because there was only about four of us standing there while they played; everyone else went outside.

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Better than Violence? Hot DAMN! That was one hell of a hard rock album. I dig that album a lot, with my favorite tracks being Can't Wait For Violence, Make your Own bones, and Bleeer.

I'll have to check it out.

4. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    you might like it slightly less than violence then. There seems to be two camps, those who like "An everyday guide..." better and those who like "Violence" better. Either way it's great.

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Shoot, I liked both. Guess I'm in both camps.

6. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    I'm betting you'll be happy with this album then.