Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Notice: Gas attack ... relief is imminent.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Munjibunga, May 5, 2001.

1. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Well, I sold the BFT for $500. It's the black fuzzy thing that my brother and I made for our DJ gig, which we no longer do. It's a folding table-like thing with built-in light fixtures and cable routing. Totally bitchen ... three-quarter-inch plywood covered with black fuzzy stuff on the outside, and black formica on the inside. Piano hinges all around. You know, professional-looking and bullet-proof.

Our sound man's church bought it for their new 32-channel sound board. It's a perfect fit, almost as if God ordained its manufacture six years ago for its present and ultimate use. Br'er and I decided that the proceeds would buy a wireless hand-held for the girl singer in the band. That's a done deal. I had coveted the proceeds for a possible shot at my long-desired Eden D-115XLT, but altruism prevailed, hence the mic.

But AHA! A chain of circumstances arose surrounding my wife's 19th wedding anniversary, the planets have fallen into alignment and, sure enough, it's beginning to look a lot like there's going to be a 15 on which to mount my D-210XLT. I believe that the resultant tone will represent what I consider to be the most bitchen conceivable. More on this later.

2. U LUCKY SOB!:D

3. lump

lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    :D

You kill me, man.

4. :D There is no relief in sight (for the time being) for my massive bass and amp gas. I need money before i can relieve this massive gas. But, Munj, the lucky SOB that u are, can relieve yours very soon with a nice new D115-XLT..HAH :p

5. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    :eek: ...the gas.... the gas!!!!

The Steinberger and pair of 15s I bought for my peavey 2x15 will hold me for a while.

I have way, way too much equipment for a bass player who doesn't play out... but what can I say??? Munji made me do it! :D

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Munji, as soon as you get the 115, let us know how it sounds with your 210.

There may be a 115 in my Metro's future.:p

7. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    embllisher: grrr i want my other 4x10!! then i'll have 8x10 :)

8. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    OK, this is is for the teenagers. You probably wouldn't have this problem. My wife, my 3-year-old daughter and I went to the zoo this morning, and had a great time. We were to pick up the new D-115XL on the way home. So we get in the car and start the drive to the store (not GC, whom, you may recall, has stopped carrying Eden in most of its stores), a drive of about 20 minutes. On the way, the little one falls asleep, so I leave her and my wife in the car, engine running, A/C on. There will be no lingering and browsing, and only limited time for negotiations. I made a good deal, threw it in the car, and we split for home.

Well, it's been in my practice room for about an hour now, and the wee one is still asleep. So I don't have a clue how it sounds yet. Now, this kind of thing, I believe, would drive most teenagers nuts. But hey, I'm 52. I'm used to it. I can wait.

WAKE UP! WAKE UP! Where are those bongos ... lesseee ...

9. Munj, being 15 years old, I can honestly say, i would have probably died in an hour of not being able to play it, just watching it in its silence. Had I been in your position, i would have "accidentally" awakened the little one, and played to my hearts content.

ON a seperate note, many adults think that teens do not know what it is like to have a woman telling them to stop buying gear. Adults always complain about how their wives will not let them buy a 6th bass, or a 3rd Mesa/Boogie cab. Well, these adults often forget that we teens have mothers! I have heard all the lines from my mother, from "what do you need that for?" To, "You don't need that." My favorite one i heard while i was trying out a SWR triad, "You are NOT bringing THAT in MY house." I am lucky i get to buy new strings.

My point in all of this is, do not discriminate against teenagers. We may be young, but we are not that stupid (most of us at least). And we do have a few life experiences under our proverbial belts. Thanks for reading my rants!

10. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    :D Obviously, someone is still a teenager at heart. ;)

11. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Nononono.... I think teens should be discriminated against. Those darn jerks should all be deported back to teenopia!

I agree that you are young. I agree that not all teens are stupid. I will add that not all of anyone or anything is stupid. (but not all are smart either) I agree that you have some experience.

Your welcome for reading your rant.

I am sure after your stern post that Munji will be sure to be careful next time (you blew it buddy!)... :rolleyes: :D

On a side note, Munji... you know that the K key is right next to the J key right... You were almost the victim of a typo... :p

12. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    OK, kids, I've played the silly thing.

Yes. This was a good move. The 115 fills in a ton of mids that aren't there in the D-410XLT. Oh, don't get me wrong, I still like the clean bottom and top that the tens give, but this is a new sound. Where it really shines is on fretless. You want growl and bite? You ever hear the stories about what a Komodo Dragon can do to you in the jungle? Why, it can bite your a$$ CLEAN OFF! Well, this rig bites like that. It seems to enhance the tonal range of my Laklands just beautifully. More on this later.

P.S. This review includes a D-210XLT on top of the D-115XL. I can't imagine playing it by itself ... it has no TWEETER, for God's sake.

13. Lakland(S)!!! Plural! ahahahaahaa

14. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Ahhh ... an opportunity to post a picture of the twins. Here y'go.

[​IMG][​IMG]

15. :eek: Those are soo.. very ... beautiful... The quilt is soo.... quilty, the colors, so perfect, so vibrant...getting dangerous levels of Lakland GAS...:p

16. jvtwin

jvtwin What it needs is a little more cowbell

Jan 26, 2001
    LA Calif.