Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Notice! Stolen P-Bass in NYC area...

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by BoiNtC, Aug 8, 2003.

1. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    I recently had my MIA natural P-Bass stolen from my church :( (not that I play it anymore but it was a sweet bass and I was going to give it away), a dent in the back of the neck where a guitarstand seemed to have dented it, a dent towards the body on the bottom of the rosewood fretboard. Its a natural ash finish with rosewood and dots... It has Victor Wooten's sig on it and Marcus Miller's... just in case someone see's it around on Ebay or something gimme a ring... Scratches around the knobs (rings around the knobs) on the pickguard..

2. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    A pic
    [​IMG]
    I don't have a recent pic with the Miller autograph, but its just to the left of the Wooten one... pretty large...

3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Might be good ideas to:
    1) post in the "stolen gear" forum
    2) post the serial number as well.

Just my thoughts.

_Ray_

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    holy crap!

dont worry, once Cpt. Scarlet and I find this guy, we'll give him the beat down he needs. :mad:

5. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Stolen from your church?!?
    How pathetic is that?!:( :confused: :mad:

6. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Don't worry, Every New York City tb'er will be on the watch out fot that. if it shows up on the street or a store, it will show up.

7. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Sorry to hear this, BoiNtC - stolen from a chuch no less!

I'm going to move this to the Lost and Stolen forum.

8. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    i've got me eyes open. if i see someone playing it though, do i beat them up??????

9. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    sure why not? I haven't really been playing it, but I was going to hand it over to a bassist in training at my church :( shame its lost...

10. Sorry to hear that, man. I'll be on the lookout for it. It's a shame that one can't even keep stuff at church anymore.

This thief deserves a real arse kicking. Punk that stole your bass had better hope he doesn't run into me.

11. My Aunt's truck was stolen from a funeral once. How pathetic is that?

Sorry to hear the bass was stolen, it looks so purty! Ill keep a l00k0ut on it.