1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Notice! Stolen P-Bass in NYC area...

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by BoiNtC, Aug 8, 2003.

1. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    I recently had my MIA natural P-Bass stolen from my church :( (not that I play it anymore but it was a sweet bass and I was going to give it away), a dent in the back of the neck where a guitarstand seemed to have dented it, a dent towards the body on the bottom of the rosewood fretboard. Its a natural ash finish with rosewood and dots... It has Victor Wooten's sig on it and Marcus Miller's... just in case someone see's it around on Ebay or something gimme a ring... Scratches around the knobs (rings around the knobs) on the pickguard..

2. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    A pic
    [​IMG]
    I don't have a recent pic with the Miller autograph, but its just to the left of the Wooten one... pretty large...

3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Might be good ideas to:
    1) post in the "stolen gear" forum
    2) post the serial number as well.

Just my thoughts.

_Ray_

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    holy crap!

dont worry, once Cpt. Scarlet and I find this guy, we'll give him the beat down he needs. :mad:

5. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Stolen from your church?!?
    How pathetic is that?!:( :confused: :mad:

6. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Don't worry, Every New York City tb'er will be on the watch out fot that. if it shows up on the street or a store, it will show up.

7. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Sorry to hear this, BoiNtC - stolen from a chuch no less!

I'm going to move this to the Lost and Stolen forum.

8. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    i've got me eyes open. if i see someone playing it though, do i beat them up??????

9. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    sure why not? I haven't really been playing it, but I was going to hand it over to a bassist in training at my church :( shame its lost...

10. Sorry to hear that, man. I'll be on the lookout for it. It's a shame that one can't even keep stuff at church anymore.

This thief deserves a real arse kicking. Punk that stole your bass had better hope he doesn't run into me.

11. My Aunt's truck was stolen from a funeral once. How pathetic is that?

Sorry to hear the bass was stolen, it looks so purty! Ill keep a l00k0ut on it.