Notice when buying or trading Endorsed Bass ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by daahoud, Feb 17, 2010.

1. I am going to trade with my bass with one Stingray today evening.
    Everything's good, but the person told me that the bass is "Endorsed" bass, not bought.

Do I need to check up something more ?
    Just talked to MM customer service (World best), I need serial but have not received the serail number yet.

Any advices?

2. Moe Monsarrat

Moe Monsarrat

Jul 30, 2006
    Austin, Tx.
    Endorsing artist:Regenerate Guitar Works Carvin, Micheal Kelly Guitars
    What difference does that make?

3. well.... I think that's what I wanna know. :help:

4. smcd

smcd

Jun 28, 2009
    Boston, MA
    No problems selling or buying these basses. Happens all the time. A few years back I sold (on ebay) a T-bird that was given to a local band by Gibson.

5. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Possession is 10/10 of the law. Sell it.

6. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    It doesn't make them any different, it's still a bass. Oh, and just because someone has a deal, doesn't mean they were free. Most companies give a big discount, but few do freebies.
    There was two StingRays locally last month hanging in GC used. Both were in minty shape, and I was told they were endorsement deal instruments. They were run-of-the-mill SR4's with 3-band eq's.

7. There is no issue in my mind. I am endorsed and there is nothing in my contract that states I can't sell it or trade it or give it away.

8. Moe Monsarrat

Moe Monsarrat

Jul 30, 2006
    Austin, Tx.
    Endorsing artist:Regenerate Guitar Works Carvin, Micheal Kelly Guitars
    That's what I meant. It's just an instrument. It doesn't matter how much the guy paid for it.

9. David1234

David1234

Jun 1, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Endorsing Artist: SWR Amplifiers
    Mine works something like this: I've agreed not to sell the gear during the 2 year period of the endorsement. Seems fair to me.

10. its not a problem man it means the guy got it fairly cheap or at a discounted price,but u shouldnt worry about that ,its a stingray