Novation Bass Station/Bass Synth of Some Sort???

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Gatlin, May 30, 2017.

1. Gatlin

Gatlin

Sep 22, 2016
    Ellisville, MS
    I have been thinking of branching off into unknown territory being a bass synthesizer of some sort. I play bass in our worship team at church and we do a lot of Elevation Worship stuff which has significant amounts of sub frequency sounds. I know a lot of their low frequencies come from a bass synth of some sort and I would like to learn more about that (I know absolutely zero about any type of synth stuff at the moment). In my internet searching I came across the Novation Bass Station. Does anyone utilize such an instrument or have any ideas what would constitute a good product to learn with?

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  2. RoeyHaviv

RoeyHaviv

Apr 1, 2011
    Charlotte NC
    Endorsing Artist: Vigier guitars, Pigtronix Effects
    I have a Novation Bass Station2
    Bought it for a gig a few years ago, better than any synth pedal I've tried but I wish it had more keys, 37 would be enough.

In the studio I use it with a 49 key m audio midi keyboard.

Look up Darrel Freeman, a bassist that does Synth as his main instrument, bass guitar as his second.

He recently published this, I'll order myself a copy soon too:

synthbass

3. RoeyHaviv

RoeyHaviv

Apr 1, 2011
    Charlotte NC
    Endorsing Artist: Vigier guitars, Pigtronix Effects
    Short answer is yes. Buy used to save money.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 24, 2022