Novax 8-string for sale!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by cabguitar, Nov 11, 2004.

1. cabguitar

Nov 11, 2004
  2. Bassart1

Bassart1 Guest

Jun 26, 2003
    Bump for a nice Novax.
  3. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Just because he is a new member does not mean he is not interested in the Talbass community. That Novax has just a much right to be on here as any multi sting bass or Chapman stick.
  4. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I was totally and unequivocally wrong. I didn’t read the link before making my conceited and ignorant comment this was a big mistake.

I totally and unambiguously retract the comment about the Novax “stringed instrument.” As such I have deleted the comment.

I do however think that my comment is indicative of a culture of criticism here at Talkbass, as demonstrated by others in this thread. I am resolute now to distance myself from this censoring, litigious background, as it is wholly unattractive.
  5. natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Toasted, I don't know you but I love you.

That is quite a strange basstar thing. Fanned frets, 8 strings in gauges that seem to go from bass size to guitar size. Though it's beyond my means and there's no way I could justify buying something like it, do you have any sound clips? I'm really interested in hearing it.
  6. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA

Check out any Charlie Hunter, and you'll hear the Novax played by a master. Good stuff, and I'm convinced Charlie has extra fingers hidden on that hand. Mutant! Mutant! :bag:
  7. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    And, I have deleted my admonishment. ;)

More info in the original post without having to clicky-linky would certainly not be a bad idea, but I'm not going to tell someone how to sell their gear.

But, I think it's safe to say that used fanned fret Novax don't turn up very often....