1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Novax (Ralph Novak) AX-6 semi-hollowbody guitar w/ Tom Short P-90s!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by marcwhy, May 5, 2020.

1. marcwhy

marcwhy

Apr 21, 2012
    Price:
    Available for purchase:

Novax [Ralph Novak] AX-6 semi-hollowbody guitar!

Original owner, this was custom built by Ralph in 2009; the original Bartolini pickup was replaced by a custom P-90 made by Tom Short. Neither Ralph nor Tom are building these days, so this is truly “irreplaceable!” :D In excellent condition!

Novax site.

From the web:

“The Novax AX-6 or AX-7 is an arched-top semi-hollowbody guitar that combines traditional design aesthetic with modern styling. Created for the jazz musician, the AX-7 features the patented Novax Fanned-Fret system for rich, warm trebles and clear, focused basses with an extra-long bass scale length for our low-A 7 string that delivers a “tight” tone, and an extra short treble scale length for our high-A model. The AX-6 has our exclusive XR (Extended Range) neck as standard specification.

The standard model has a solid spruce top with a fully chambered mahogany back, a mahogany neck and ebony fretboard. [AX6: $3,500. AX7: $3,700.]

The AX-6 and AX-7 guitars are also available with a figured, bookmatched maple top which produces a brighter tone with more “edge” (see photo.) [Add $200.00]

The basic electronics package includes a Bartolini “soapbar” passive neck pickup which is specially voiced for a warm, clear jazz tone.

This comfortable, well-balanced guitar will delight you with its responsive tone and natural playability.”

This one comes with a walnut top, Gotoh tunes, 1 3/4" nut width, and Novax Innovations individual bridge system.

The “XR” scale length is 25 – 27”, and the sound is big and clear! Gotoh tuners; Novax Innovations individual bridge system. This is your chance to have the real-deal when it comes to a first-class, fanned-fret instrument. The neck is slim and comfortable. If you haven’t actually played a fanned-fret guitar, they take no time getting used to; your left hand will not know the difference!

Just had this professionally checked up (see receipt), and it’s in fantastic condition! Comes with a custom made Ameritage “Silver” hard shell case!

A note on how Ralph wires things (and don't ask me about "pots" or "k's," cuz I don't know!): the Volume knob actually cuts off some trebles, so with the P-90 at about half volume, it's a pretty mellow tone; with the Volume full up, it has a bit more edge, and the P-90 can scream if you hit it hard! So, jazz, blues, or whatever, you can get a few sounds just by adjusting the Volume. [I don't think I ever mess with the Tone control, either!]

Shipped to the lower 48: $2400 !! [OBO; I will consider shipping elsewhere for actual shipping.]

Vid of Don Latarski:

Novax concept.

Pics:
    novax - repair.jpg novax front body.jpg
    novax full.jpg
    View attachment 3817036
    novax back body.jpg
    novax case.jpg
    novax front head.jpg
    novax back head.jpg
    View attachment 3817027
    Thanks!

DeliriumTremens likes this.
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 14, 2021