novice/mediocre bassists, Post some clips!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Brilliant Fool, Nov 28, 2003.

1. Hey, I've been playing for a little over a year.

I'm doing ok for that amount of time, I know my theory and I have a decent musical ear.

Unfortunately, I have a lame sense of rhythm, but you'll be able to tell that in the clip. I should practice with my metronome more. :meh:

In this thread all of us aspiring/mediocre bassists can feel free to show our chops.

Hmm... You could even post some clips of your playing when you were a fledgling bassist. Personally, I'd like to hear some early wrong robot/john turner stuff. ;)

We all gotta start somewhere, right? :bassist:
  2. I had to cut down the file size because it was too big to attach.

I lose the part where my sense of rhythm is... less than on.

I'm sure I'll be able to display my stellar sense of rhythm some other time, but here's the other clip I wanted to post.

I like to record my ideas and doodles, and this is one of the few that I liked.
  3. I'll bump this once, but only because I'm dying to hear some clips!

4. Danham

Danham Guest

Feb 11, 2003
    Shreveport LA
    What a great idea! I would post a clip had I only a digital recorder.:rolleyes:
  5. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Danham....if your computer has a sound card with a mic already do.

I think Windows has simple software called Sound Recorder...lets you record up to 60 seconds or so.

Brilliant about posting something recorded on the fretless...
  6. The fretless is at my guitarist's house having some body work done to it.

It's almost ready. :)

I think I have an old clip.

Ok, I've got two.

A friend of mine is getting into primus and asked me to record a little bit of my name is mudd.

How did I got this tone out of my fretless? I'm not entirely sure. I remember making a setting on my BP200 to make it sound as sharp as possible. So... here's 24 seconds of my name is mudd. :D
  7. Here's another.

Just me messing around with some chords.

When I get the fretless back I'll get soem fresh clips... they'll be better, I promise. :p

I should go practice... more. :)

-BF, the brilliant fool
  8. I just recorded this... er.. tried to record this.

It was intended to be Primus' rendition of master of puppets, but I couldn't keep up for whatever reason.

As I usually do when I mess up, I make an incoherent gruntish noise. :p

I got a good laugh out of listening to this.

I'll stop posting clips for a while, I swear. ;)
  9. I recorded all this on a dinky little $15 mic, I just sit it in front of my amp and jam when I want to capture ideas and riffs.

It's nothing great, but if I want higher quality audio I just run it through cooledit pro.

It helps.

-BF, the brilliant fool
  10. karmapunk

Jul 15, 2003
    i promise to post something... as soon as i've slept and recorded it. Right now, i've played for a bit over a year, but most of the stuff i post will be after i played for a very short amount of time, explaining its ****tiness. BF, you sound pretty good for a 1 year man!
  11. Thanks. :)

Music's what I do best... Maybe I should put some more focus towards my sax playing.

My poor sax hasn't gotten much love since I started playing bass. :p
  12. Just something I recorded to test my new soundcard a while ago. Eh, actually, it's nothing but a mixolydian scale. But anyway, feel free to listen too it if you dare.
  13. That's really cool.

Great tone, too.

:applause: :D
  14. Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    I still consider myself a crappy bassist, but have recorded an album. Check out some of the clips at on the music page.
  15. Since you asked... (This is the result of too many beers)
  16. jm1

Nov 12, 2003
    :eek: Ill post some stuff tomorrow or later tonight :bag:
  17. I just pissed myself.

18. I noticed that if you use sound recorder to speed up a recording (400%) then it sounds like a banjo.
  19. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    On December 18 it will be my second anniversary with bass.
  20. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    And to the Ombudsman... that was the coolest bass solo clip I've ever heard in my life!:D