1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD *NOW $699*!USA Hamer Cruise Bass 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by T Bassman, Sep 23, 2016.

1. T Bassman

T Bassman

Dec 13, 2010
    Canada
    Price:
    Strings:
    Hi all, I have a mid/late 90's US made HAMER Cruise Bass 5 string in hard to find trans Sherwood Green finish with the coveted 2Tek bridge!
    Like most of the 5'ers with the 2Teks, this one is approx 10 lbs give or take.

-alder body, Trans Sherwood green poly finish in great shape with just some swirling and the odd little surface ding.

-3 piece maple neck (flat sawn/quarter sawn) w/ rosewood fingerboard; asymmetrical neck profile based on Tobias basses of the same era; aftermarket string guides installed, I dont have the original truss rod cover.

-Schaller/ Hamer enclosed tuners.

-2Tek 5 string bridge; its original, so likely 16.5 mm spacing.

-Seymour Duncan pickups, passive electronics; (theres enough room in the cavity if you wanted to add a pre I would imagine as well.)

-comes with a non original Fender Molded Hardshell Case!

Now Asking $699 US! Plus shipping from Alberta, Canada.

I am open to reasonable offers, as well as some trades for comparable basses, or may consider trading up plus cash. I would be interested in a non fancy P style US Lakland, Sadowsky Metro or Mike Lull

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
    mindwell and kittywithabanjo like this.
  2. T Bassman

T Bassman

Dec 13, 2010
    Canada
    Lets try $799 plus shipping!
    Getting some cool trade offers, but not quite the right one yet.

3. giglawyer

giglawyer Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Check your PM in a few minutes...

4. T Bassman

T Bassman

Dec 13, 2010
    Canada
    Now $769 US + shipping!

5. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Wow what a beautiful example. I've owned the 4 string version and always wanted a 5'er. They aren't light but I didn't find it overly heavy either. Mine sat very comfortably with a nice strap. Playability was outstanding. i'm still not sure why I sold that stupid thing. Great basses.

6. T Bassman

T Bassman

Dec 13, 2010
    Canada
    Yeah this is a great 5 string. I just wish I played more 5 string gigs! Agreed about the weight. It's substantial but with a strap on very well balanced. Still open to trades as well. Especially P basses!

7. T Bassman

T Bassman

Dec 13, 2010
    Canada
    Still open to trades! Would love a US Fender P bass if someone's looking for a killer 5'er!

8. Beautiful bass. I have a red 4-string with Gotoh bridge. These are terrific basses. GLWTS!!

9. MrMoonlight

MrMoonlight Bottom feeder Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2008
    I've owned this exact same model (in the same color even). I sold it several years back when Music Man brought out the Sterling 5... which I was absolutely gassing for at the time. Now, in hindsight, I liked the Hamer better. It is an incredible bass.

If I were still regularly playing fives, I'd be all over this bass like white on rice. But since I use a four-banger 95% of the time nowadays, it's not worth the time and effort to unload the Sterling to scrape up the funds for this one.

Having said that, whoever decides to grab this Cruise Bass will definitely not regret it. It's probably one of the most unsung 5-string basses ever produced...and the four-string US-made models were great as well.

And before anyone asks... no, I'm not a shill for the OP. ;)

T Bassman likes this.
  10. T Bassman

T Bassman

Dec 13, 2010
    Canada
    Hey thanks for the input MrMoonlight! Indeed its a killer Jazz 5 string with its own unique vibe and a full, punchy B string from the old school 2Tek! Im just more or a P bass man in the end so this one has to go

11. csala

csala

Aug 14, 2005
    Santa Monica, Ca
    Really underrated USA basses, sort of like Guild Pilots in the 80's. GLWTS.

T Bassman likes this.
  12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 5, 2020