1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD NOW ASSEMBLED!!! Sea Foam Green Dean Stylist Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by moonshinegtrs, Oct 6, 2017.

1. moonshinegtrs

moonshinegtrs Inactive Commercial User

Jan 28, 2009
    White Bluff,Tn.
    Owner: Moonshine Custom Guitars
    Price:
    $300
    Strings:
    $300 shipped.

To sweeten the deal, I went ahead and made a couple of pickup rings that were wide enough to cover the Bisonic routes. They fit the original pickups which are standard Humbucker size. I reinstalled the updated controls that I had with the Bisonics. As mentioned, the stock pickups are actually guitar pickups but they sound surprisingly good. It's set up and plays great.

Here is is now:
    20171011_101330_resized_zpsnppipzv1.jpg

Here is my Dean Stylist hollow body bass. I modded it with Bisonic pickups, it had a Guild in the neck position and a Hammon Dark Star in the bridge. I recently sold the Dark Star and removed the Guild.

It is a really cool bass, loved the tone with the Bisonics, but to be honest with my uh... physique a thick hollow body bass doesn't hang well no matter where I put the strap. :D

It is in used but excellent condition (a few slight scratches), neck and frets are great. Truss rod works perfectly. The bridge and tailpiece are tarnished some (I think they would polish up). I replaced the cheapo tuners with Grovers and the controls have been updated with quality potentiometers, cap, output jack and wiring. Everything is included except for the pickups. The original Dean hardshell case is also included.

I have this listed for $300 shipped.
    Really prefer cash instead of a trade, but...
    20171004_110601_resized_zpshm0ilrcd.jpg

With Bisonics.
    20160916_165240_resized_zpsjzwfm6vm.jpg

Moonshine :bassist:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  2. moonshinegtrs

Jan 28, 2009
    White Bluff,Tn.
    *New pickup rings, Set up and ready to Rock! Bump.

Moonshine :bassist:

3. themarshall

themarshall

Jun 26, 2008
    cochrane wi
    34” or 30”?

4. moonshinegtrs

Jan 28, 2009
    White Bluff,Tn.
    It is 32"