Now cloning is becoming rediculous...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tplyons, Jul 5, 2005.

1. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
  2. toytech

Mar 22, 2004
    San Leandro
    Ewww pointy bass! :eyebrow:
  3. OblivionBass

Jul 3, 2005
    EWww... i hate those, they're so ugly....
    At the last talent show, one of the like...tiny kids had one and everyone was like WHOA, LOOK AT THAT, IT'S SO COOL

I wanted to punch them all. :ninja: :bag:
  4. pklima

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    I like BC Rich basses, especially the older models. But they appeal to a niche market. If cloning them proves a worthwhile enterprise then what's next? A budget clone of the Gibson RD Artist? Guild B-302? A 34" scale, steel-strung version of the original Ashbory bass?
  5. Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Cloning is annoying, we were looking through the guitars in the school instrument store, we opened a case, looked in and saw a gourgeous looking black SG. Then I thought about the person who owned it and thought "no way do they have the money for a genuine SG". So I thought it would be an Epiphone, not a bad guitar. But no, it was some damn Korean clone make that I'd never heard of. With my guitarist who owns a Les Paul Studio there he was pretty annoyed at this abuse of the SG body.

Anyway, the bass in the pic is horrible, nuff said :).
  6. Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    'Pointy' and 'bass' just don't go together. I like my basses like I like my women; curvy and smooth.
  7. TheNerdBass

Jun 30, 2005
    Detroit, MI
    If the normal BC Richs' suck, then how could a cheaper clone be any better?
  8. keb

Mar 30, 2004
    That's so wack. The body is that godawful BC Rich pointy look (many good things came from the '80s, but pointy guitars are not among them!) but the headstock looks traditional. Identity crisis!

EDIT: oops, that's apparently an authentic headstock (shoulda read all of the initial post in this thread!) I always just thought all BC Riches had pointy headstocks.
  9. Eoghan

Dec 5, 2004
    Yeah, And if you look, thats the shape they seem to be designed on ( think mabye there was a lobsided ass on the j-bass chick...)
  10. that neck looks HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    My first bass was a Mako Warlock that, IMHO, was a really nice sounding bass for being a plywood body with serious neck dive. The best part of the bass were the passive P/J pups. It played really well aside from the forementioned neck dive. But I was also a 13 year old kid at the time and Motley Crue was in!
  12. niomosy

Nov 9, 2002
    I like the pointy goodness :spit:

That one probably sucks but I'd love to have an American Mockingbird Supreme :D
  13. uggggggggggggglaaaaayyyy
  14. Not my style in the least, but what I really find retch-worthy is how UN-like the Warlock(I think that's the model they poorly copied)this thing actually is. Yeeuck.
  15. IMHO why would anyone play the warlock their heavey unbalanced, UGLY, and it feels like your playing a slab of plywood with the strings on it. but like I said IMHO.
  16. Paul182

May 18, 2005
    Look at the heading New BC... with Rich tone.
    And no mention of Davison either