1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Now For Sale: CB Basses Rami 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Justin Beck, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin Beck

Justin Beck

Jan 27, 2007
    Arlington, TX
    Now FS/FT

What is for sale is my 4 month old CB Basses Rami 5 strings.

*The specs are:
    *Yellowheart top
    *Alder body
    *3-Piece, 35" Scale Flame Maple and Wenge set neck
    *Indian Rosewood Fretboard with 24 frets
    *Nordstrand Big Splits in Yellowheart covers with exposed
    pole pieces
    *Audere 3ZB preamp with Passive Master tone.
    (The active treble control for the preamp is in the
    cavity set flat)
    *The switches are, closest to the neck is Z mode, closest to the bridge is active/passive
    *Rosewood Knobs
    *Hipshot Chrome Hardware
    "A" Style Bridge with 19mm/.75" string spacing
    Ultralite Tuners
    *Dunlop Dual Design Straplocks
    *Yellowheart radiused playing ramp (will be unattached)
    *1.875" Nut width
    *ProTec heavy padded gig bag
    *All tools included.

The bass is lightweight, probably around 9lbs., plays great, and sounds great, but my left hand doesn't like the neck very well.

For trades, I would consider
    MM Bongo HH5+$800
    MM Bongo HS5+$800
    MM Stingray H5+$800 (Maple Fretboard Only)
    Lakland 55-02+$800 (Maple Fretboard/Lakland Guts Only)
    Lakland Skyline JO5+$800 (Maple Fretboard Only)
    G&L L2500+$800 (Maple Fretboard Only)
    G&L Tribute L2005+$1350

The price is $1800+shipping in the US only. Money order or Cashier's Checks accepted.

The bass will be double boxed and packed very well. Unfortunately, I can only ship out on Mondays, so after I recieve payment, I will ship the bass the next Monday.

Feel free to pm me, and thank you for looking,
    Justin

2. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

Questions:
    1. What does this bass sound like? Are there other basses it can be compared to? Is it a slap/ funky kind of bass or a midrange dominant bass?
    2. What is it about the neck that you don't like? Too chunky? Too thin? Too wide at the nut? Too narrow at the nut?
    3. Can you post any close up pictures of this bass without the ramp? You said it would be detatched.
    4. How is the action?

Thank you.

Bob

3. Justin Beck

Justin Beck

Jan 27, 2007
    Arlington, TX
    Bassmanbob,
    The bass is fairly even across the spectrum sound wise, maybe a little less highs than some basses, but not compressed up top. You can make it sound however you want it to with the eq and blending. It can do a very good P Bass if you roll to the neck and add some mids. It has a full, punchy slap sound with everything set flat, and won't tear your head off when playing fingerstyle in a thick mix.

As far at the discomfort in the neck, I have had basses with wider and thinner necks with the 35" scale and it never bothered me, but I am working with my hands in small confined spaces, so it may have something to do with that.

At the moment I don't have any pictures of the bass without the ramp, but tonight I was planning on waxing it, so I will take some and post them for you.

The action is medium low to low, but could probably be brought down if you would like. It is actually a bit lower than I usually play with. I have messed around with it a bit to see if higher action would make it more comfy for me, but it didn't. I brought it back down because I play with a lighter touch because of the ramp.

Thank you for the questions, and I will post more pictures tonight.

Edit: I am having some trouble with my digital camera, so it will probably be tomorrow night before I can add pictures to the thread. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Justin

4. Justin Beck

Justin Beck

Jan 27, 2007
    Arlington, TX
    Bassmanbob,
    Here are some pics of the bass without the ramp.

I put two fresh coats of oil on the body and neck and one on the fretboard last night, and man does she look sweet.

Thanks,
    Justin

5. Justin Beck

Justin Beck

Jan 27, 2007
    Arlington, TX
    I am now putting this up FS/FT.

The first post shows some trade interests, pm me with anything else you might want. I greatly prefer trade+cash or straight sale as there is a bass I want to order.

Thanks,
    Justin

6. Justin Beck

Justin Beck

Jan 27, 2007
    Arlington, TX
    Bump.

7. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

Thank you Justin for the pictures I requested. It just doesn't seem to be in the cards for me right now though. Sorry.

8. scottm

scottm Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    I am soooo tempted!

:bag: :help:

-ScottM

9. Justin Beck

Justin Beck

Jan 27, 2007
    Arlington, TX
    Price drop to $1800. This bass is a steal at this price and you don't have to wait 6-8 months to get it.

Justin

10. Justin Beck

Justin Beck

Jan 27, 2007
    Arlington, TX
    Saturday Bump

11. Justin Beck

Justin Beck

Jan 27, 2007
    Arlington, TX
    Trade pending!

It looks like this one will be going to Georgia on Monday.

Justin

12. scottm

scottm Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Congrats Justin!

-ScottM

13. Justin Beck

Justin Beck

Jan 27, 2007
    Arlington, TX
    Thanks Scott,

I appreciate your interest too. I really didn't think I was going to trade this, but I am getting a sweet Ramirez built by our very own Wilser.

Here is the original thread, it is now fretted and has an Aguilar preamp. The work was done by Kudela basses.

Ramirez

Thanks to all,
    Justin

14. scottm

scottm Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Wow! Nice, very NICE!!!

Please shoot me a message after you have played it for awhile letting me know how you like it.

:bassist:
    -ScottM

15. Justin Beck

Justin Beck

Jan 27, 2007
    Arlington, TX
    Well, the bass is officially gone. I will leave the thread open until I receive my new bass, but it is traded.

Thanks to everyone who showed interest and offered to buy trade for this bass.

Justin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.