1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Now for sale! Warmoth J-Style fretless $800 obo

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by K-Funk, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K-Funk

K-Funk

Sep 24, 2007
    Auburn Hills, MI
    $800 shipped OBO! I'll also consider trades for amplifiers (heads, preamps, power amps, etc).

I got this in a trade a few months ago and it's beyond stellar, but I just bought a six-string and need to move it along. It's an all-Warmoth unlined fretless J-bass made in 2010; here are the specs:

Quilt maple top
    Alder body
    Green Stain satin finish
    1/4" black ebony fingerboard (and DAMN does it sound amazing!)
    Flame maple neck with satin finish and steel support bars (stays in tune for eons)
    EMG 40 pickups (18 volt)
    V/T/V/T controls
    Black Hipshot knobs
    Black Schaller tuners
    Black Schaller roller bridge
    Black neck plate
    Dunlop straplock system

The bass is immaculate, sans a couple of very minor issues. The disc-shaped string retainer on the headstock was removed in favor of a bar, so the pinhole where the original was is visible, but not noticeable. Aside from a few nearly imperceptible blemishes (just some light swirls on the rear bottom edge, hard to see and impossible to photograph due to the matte finish) I can find nothing wrong with the instrument. The neck is perfectly set up for comfortable, low action, and the fingerboard is in beautiful shape with only the most marginal ghost marks from the strings. It weighs 9.1 pounds on my bathroom scale, but it balances better than any Jazz I've had before.

The bass will ship in a gig bag, but it'll be packed securely. It'll come strung with unknown, light-gauge rounds, but I'll throw in TWO FREE SETS of new Fender flatwounds since I'll no longer have a four-string bass.

Here are some good photos by a previous owner. It's the same as it was when he had it, but that crooked Warmoth decal has been removed for a cleaner look.

IMAG0406.jpg
    IMAG0405.jpg
    IMAG0407.jpg
    IMAG0408.jpg
    IMAG0409.jpg
    IMAG0411.jpg

2. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I said this when it was originally sold, this is the prettiest bass I've ever seen. If I wasn't broke it would be mine, but alas.....

3. MUSHROOMSeAcOw

MUSHROOMSeAcOw

Aug 1, 2010
    Georgia
    Great looking bass! Is it just the lighting in the first two photos or is the bridge mounted crooked?

4. K-Funk

K-Funk

Sep 24, 2007
    Auburn Hills, MI
    It's the shadow; the bridge is straight.

5. MoEllis

MoEllis

Sep 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    You got any sound clips of it?

6. joshuajong

joshuajong Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2012
    LA
    have any sound sample?

7. K-Funk

K-Funk

Sep 24, 2007
    Auburn Hills, MI
    Check out these clips; they're rough and my playing is lazy, but here they are nonetheless: https://soundcloud.com/kevin-cleveland-3

Also, make me an offer! Cash and heads/preamps/power amps are what I need at the moment.

8. K-Funk

K-Funk

Sep 24, 2007
    Auburn Hills, MI
    Bamp!

9. Low Class

Low Class

Jul 4, 2005
    Gasaholic
    Can you post a better pic of the body that doesn't give the appearance of a crooked and off center bridge? I know you say it's straight, but these pics are sure telling a different story.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.