1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available Now FS: Ultra-Rare Human Base (bass) Glockenklang/Delano

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Quadzilla, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Price:
    Strings:
    This is an ultra, ultra rare Human Base OC4 in burst. Human is a high-end German bass company. These are extremely high quality, boutique basses that are built extremely well and have some of the best electronics available.

This bass comes from the factory with a Glockenklang 3-band preamp that's also active / passive. When passive mode is engaged (by pulling up the volume knob), the treble knob becomes a passive tone roll-off.

The pickups are Delano MM. There is also a coil -tap. You can run the pickups in humbucking or single coil mode.

The electronics alone would cost you sonewhere around $600 - $700. They are very high-end and sound amazing.

Bass is in good overall shape. Some minor dings mainly on the edges of the headstock and some wear on the wood in between the neck pup and the neck in the "slap zone" where some finger nail gouging took place.

Comes with the factory gig bag. An extremely rare and nice bass. $1,079, SCRATCH THAT...lowered to $985 (obo) !!!!!

20160225_192307_HDR_zpsskvjqhfq.

20160225_192354_HDR_zpsh5rufceb.

20160225_192326_HDR_zpsfnelw3nc.

20160225_192419_HDR_zpsffki5p26.

20160225_192252_HDR_zps8wykhfnw.

Update: I should have included the following info:

I just read a couple places that the nut width is 1.5" on these, so that's likely is what mine is (it's a very fast neck).

I also had the bass completely gone over recently by a very well known and reputable luthier here in the Balt - DC metro area (Mike Forrester - Forrester Kustoms Guitar Service & Repair - Forrester Kustoms Guitar Service & Repair - Home). He analyzed the bass in great detail and addressed a couple of very minor things including:

1 - Creating a very thin, tapered, full-length shim for the neck pocket. This is a very complex procedure on this bass (given the neck pocket). He nailed it to a tee (the neck now has the perfect angle).

2 - Leveled and dressed the frets (which were already great, but I figured why not have them looked at while in his shop).

3 - Gave the bass a full set-up

It played great before, but there was something just as little off with the angle of the neck. Now it's absolutely perfect. The work cost me $175 as I recall (I have the receipt here somewhere, which I am happy to include with the bass). Well worth it as the bass plays amazing now.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    IGotGas, Ductapeman, jeffbass and 2 others like this.
  2. Love that reverse neck pocket! GLWTS!

Quadzilla likes this.
  3. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    So cool. And four string ones are rare.

Quadzilla likes this.
  4. jeffbass

jeffbass Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2005
    Lexington, KY
    Sold my sunburst 4, and always regretted it. Finally found a blue X.oc5 and am never letting it go. These are incredible basses. Someone will be very happy with this. GLWTS!

Quadzilla likes this.
  5. jeffbass

jeffbass Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2005
    Lexington, KY
    Attempted a PM, says your inbox is full. I have a trade offer....

6. Quadzilla

Sorry, my suppoting membership ran out a day or two ago and I just renewed it. Good to go now.

7. Quadzilla

Now for sale!

8. bassman28

bassman28 Supporting Member

Dec 31, 2010
    North Carolina
    Great bass, I have had this one in my possession. The electronics are definitely top shelf.

Quadzilla likes this.
  9. Quadzilla

Update: I should have included the following info:

I just read a couple places that the nut width is 1.5" on these, so that's likely is what mine is (it's a very fast neck).

I also had the bass completely gone over recently by a very well known and reputable luthier here in the Balt - DC metro area (Mike Forrester - Forrester Kustoms Guitar Service & Repair - Forrester Kustoms Guitar Service & Repair - Home). He analyzed the bass in great detail and addressed a couple of very minor things including:

1 - Creating a very thin, tapered, full-length shim for the neck pocket. This is a very complex procedure on this bass (given the neck pocket). He nailed it to a tee (the neck now has the perfect angle).

2 - Leveled and dressed the frets (which were already great, but I figured why not have them looked at while in his shop).

3 - Gave the bass a full set-up

It played great before, but there was something just as little off with the angle of the neck. Now it's absolutely perfect. The work cost me $175 as I recall (I have the receipt here somewhere, which I am happy to include with the bass). Well worth it as the bass plays amazing now.

10. DC3

DC3 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Atlanta
    What is the weight?

11. Quadzilla

9.5 lbs, 1.5" nut, straight neck, working truss, etc. ;-)

12. Quadzilla

Decided to keep her and am going to sell another.

ICM likes this.
  13. Probably a good call, that's a beautiful bass. Especially after a fresh setup I bet it plays fantastically.

14. Quadzilla

For sale again. There is a Jazz that has my eye.

15. Quadzilla

On Hold!!!!!!!!!!