1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Now I can die happy

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by dougjwray, Sep 13, 2005.

1. dougjwray

dougjwray

Jul 20, 2005
    Yesterday I scored a ticket to see Cream at Madison Square Garden in October! :hyper:
    One of the best things about it is that Jack was seen at the Royal Albert Hall concerts playing a Gibson EB-1 instead of his usual Warwick! (I wonder if it's Felix Pappalardi's old bass...) I saw him with Ringo in 2000, and while his playing was phenomenal, of course, he had that icky, squeaky-clean, piano string Warwick tone... :spit: At least his Hartke speakers have paper cones!
    Over the years, I've seen Jack play a Telecaster bass, an Aria, one of those clear plexiglass (Dan Armstrong?) basses, and the Warwick. He was always brilliant.

Now, the reason for my post:
    Do you think I should buy the inevitable $50 t-shirt?
    ;)

2. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Man!....do I envy you!!!

3. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    yep that's a once in a lifetime experience... enjoy!

4. oldfclefer

oldfclefer low ended

May 5, 2005
    Southern Ohio
    I saw Cream at the San Diego convention Center in 1968. You're in for a GREAT show.
    Jack was playing what I believe was a Gibson EBO at the time.

Have fun!

5. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    yes buy the 50 dollar t-shirt and the hat and the pins. this may be the last time for them. if anyone recalls, jack had to have a liver transplant last year. my guitarist was saying that jack also is developing debilitating arthritis. i do not know if this is true. he said that he read it on the FENDER DISCUSSION PAGE. i hope it's not true. i have a picture of jack bruce's dan armstrong plexi bass from the nashville hard rock cafe that i had dan armstrong autograph for me. i would love to jack to sign it also!!!

6. I'd buy all the merchandise I could get my hands on. It's probably your only chance to get some new Cream stuff, plus it's like a badge saying "FU** YOU! I SAW CREAM!!!". And I'm probably going to the show too, so maybe I'll see you there (not likely)

7. bassvi

bassvi

Jul 12, 2005
    Iowa
    I payed big bucks and scored some tickets too- and I'm also flying to NY from Iowa during a work week for this. Never thought I would get to see Cream live in my lifetime, still can't believe it's happening. I don't think I would do this to see anyone else, it's just so unlikely they will continue to play together after this set of shows- however, I have to wonder is there possibly a studio album in the making? Jack once said he saw the band reuniting to write new material and make an album, but no desire to tour. I hope they give us some new tunes with this reunion, but I will just be so awed to see them onstage together again it won't really matter-

8. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Yes that is awsome!