Now I can die happy

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by dougjwray, Sep 13, 2005.

1. dougjwray

Jul 20, 2005
    Yesterday I scored a ticket to see Cream at Madison Square Garden in October! :hyper:
    One of the best things about it is that Jack was seen at the Royal Albert Hall concerts playing a Gibson EB-1 instead of his usual Warwick! (I wonder if it's Felix Pappalardi's old bass...) I saw him with Ringo in 2000, and while his playing was phenomenal, of course, he had that icky, squeaky-clean, piano string Warwick tone... :spit: At least his Hartke speakers have paper cones!
    Over the years, I've seen Jack play a Telecaster bass, an Aria, one of those clear plexiglass (Dan Armstrong?) basses, and the Warwick. He was always brilliant.

Now, the reason for my post:
    Do you think I should buy the inevitable $50 t-shirt?
  2. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Man! I envy you!!!
  3. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    yep that's a once in a lifetime experience... enjoy!
  4. oldfclefer

oldfclefer low ended

May 5, 2005
    Southern Ohio
    I saw Cream at the San Diego convention Center in 1968. You're in for a GREAT show.
    Jack was playing what I believe was a Gibson EBO at the time.

Have fun!
  5. plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    yes buy the 50 dollar t-shirt and the hat and the pins. this may be the last time for them. if anyone recalls, jack had to have a liver transplant last year. my guitarist was saying that jack also is developing debilitating arthritis. i do not know if this is true. he said that he read it on the FENDER DISCUSSION PAGE. i hope it's not true. i have a picture of jack bruce's dan armstrong plexi bass from the nashville hard rock cafe that i had dan armstrong autograph for me. i would love to jack to sign it also!!!
  6. I'd buy all the merchandise I could get my hands on. It's probably your only chance to get some new Cream stuff, plus it's like a badge saying "FU** YOU! I SAW CREAM!!!". And I'm probably going to the show too, so maybe I'll see you there (not likely)
  7. bassvi

Jul 12, 2005
    I payed big bucks and scored some tickets too- and I'm also flying to NY from Iowa during a work week for this. Never thought I would get to see Cream live in my lifetime, still can't believe it's happening. I don't think I would do this to see anyone else, it's just so unlikely they will continue to play together after this set of shows- however, I have to wonder is there possibly a studio album in the making? Jack once said he saw the band reuniting to write new material and make an album, but no desire to tour. I hope they give us some new tunes with this reunion, but I will just be so awed to see them onstage together again it won't really matter-
  8. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001