1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Now I Hate Rondo Music

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jim C, May 8, 2010.

1. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz? Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    Last night they had a J bass with the old head stock (rosewood neck and sunburst with quiled maple photo flame finish)

Thought I'd email Kurt today just to make sure that this wasn't an old photo and went to bed happy to be spending more money.

Photo / listing is gone this morning.
    Was this an old bass they found laying around the warehouse or does he do this to make us miserable? :bawl:

2. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    I believe that Kurt has done this to specifically cause you inexpensive bass trauma. :ninja:

He seems like a pretty mean guy anyway. ;)

3. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz? Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    Brilliant observation!
    I'll show him.
    Time for a Sadowsky or AC bass.
    Ain't no New Hampshire bass pedaler of evil Chinese basses gonna mess with my head :eek:

4. Livewire

Livewire Yahtzeeee

Nov 13, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    They frequently get returns and put them up on sale IIRC. If you ever see one of those guys, you should probably jump on it and ask questions after if you really can't stand the new headstocks.

5. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

Kurt found a bunch of old headstock basses (I guess you could call them vintage SX basses) and put them up on the web site. You gotta move fast when it comes to SX basses. There's no time to think, just purchase.

6. Laklandlover

Laklandlover Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA BABY
    Why did they change them anyway! I just got interested in the too.

7. I was on the phone with my wife when there was one left (as in one). She pointed out that I'm buying a motorcycle this week, so no old headstock SX for me. Boo.

8. oldrookie

oldrookie

May 15, 2007
    Avon, IN
    Old headstock basses are incredibly difficult to lean into a corner. Enjoy the bike, you lucky....

9. nato101010

nato101010

Dec 12, 2009
    Ontario
    Same thing happened for me.

10. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    So it looks like I'm not the only one not digging the new headstocks up there now...

I finally had some extra scratch burning a hole in my pocket, so I decide on an SX for a 5 string project bass and... D'OH! I just can't get behind that new headstock, man.

11. I only hate the headstock when I read threads about it on here. Everytime I look at them I'm OK with them. They're not the greatest, but they ain't bad.

12. Bass VI maybe?

13. Indeed!

I got my roman numerals confuzzled.

14. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
  15. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    I have an old headstock LPB maple fretless that a million people wanted (but nobody came through on) when I put it up for sale previously. If anyone wants it (particularly in the bay area), let me know. I just want space in the house.

16. also i have a classic SX p-bass neck (rosewood) just sitting in my closet. i'm not going to be using it for anything so if anyone wants it they can have it for nothing (plus shipping). it's missing 2 tuners though, iirc.

17. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    Why not just mod the headstock? Apparently they can be easily converted to the old headstock or made to look identical to Fender's.

18. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses