Now I Is A Jazz Man

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by brianrost, Dec 7, 2004.

1. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Boy, talk about nervous...landed my first paying jazz gig for New Year's Eve.

I'm sure the gig will go fine for the audience (and maybe even my bandmates ;) ) but I'm still just a wannabe at this point. I can just barely keep my head above water walking changes, but I know I have to start somewhere... :help:

I'll have to go shopping for a beret and some shades :rolleyes:
  2. Wayner

May 7, 2004
    Maryland, USA
    Good luck with it! What songs do you have lined up?
  3. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
  4. dvmweb

Apr 20, 2002
    Atlanta MI 49709
    You will do just fine! Can you schawiing? Two glasses of wine 1/2 hour before and just groove. It is going to be a lot of fun. We'll all be rooting fer ye. :hyper:
    Walt MI/US
  5. Congratulations Brian! I've heard you play and I'm sure you'll do a really great job. Hey, if the gig is within striking distance of Southern NH, I may come along to listen. I've no gigs for New Year's Eve (so far…)

Break a leg! ;)

- Wil
  6. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    You'll do well, Brian..don't sweat it.

On NYE, you only have to be good for the first couple of sets anyhow! :D
  7. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    The usual Real Book suspects: Autumn Leaves, All The Things You Are, Blue Bossa, Wave, All Blues, Donna Lee, Stella, All Of Me, etc.

The only unusual tune is Chick Corea's Sea Journey where the guitarist gets to trot out all his Pat Metheny licks :p

It's at Stone's Public House in Ashland, where Pete Henderson has his Sunday blues jams.

Thanks for the support, guys.