Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

now I need some copmuter help

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by KSDbass, Sep 11, 2005.

1. KSDbass

KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005
    atlanta
    ok, first, I need to know what kind of RAM a Dell 2400 desktop needs, and second, I need to know how to get the side off of that same copmuter. I've already taken the side off to put a wireless card in, I just can't remember how. thanks for the help/

2. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    You probably have to unscrew a couple screws on the back to take the side case off..

And RAM wise I believe you are supposed to install the same brand of RAM that is currently installed ( I may be mistaken someone else correct me if I'm wrong ).

And it looks like your comp is running DDR 400/ PC-3200

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/pro...00?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~tab=specstab#tabtop

Might I suggest buying your computer hardware off Newegg.com. Cheap and reliable. :)

3. KSDbass

KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005
    atlanta
    thanks for the ram help, but there aren't any screws, I remember it being more of a slider type thing for the side

edit:I just messed with all the stuff on the back, and pryed at the side with a screwdriver, and off it came!

4. +1 on Newegg. Also take a look at Tigerdirect.com if you dont find what you want.

5. crucial.com is great for memory, generally very reliable, not the cheapest. And they do stand behind their stuff, lifetime warranty. I've replaced a 256M chip a couple of times, they've shipped out free replacement twice so far. I've got a 6 year old laptop, so I don't think its quality problems, the 1st free replacement lasted a few months, that was probably bad, but the next replacement has been working like a charm.

Nobody's perfect, so I value great customer service as much or more than the lowest rock bottom price.

Randy

6. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    PIBKAM

7. KSDbass

KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005
    atlanta
    ah yes, PIBKAM to you too, Toasted

edit: newegg is the SHINIEST website I have ever been too. I couldnt understand half of the large words(Cas latency? ECC? unbuffered or registered?) so I went to dell's website, and it did everything for me. but I think they make up words because, well, just read this.-
    Accessory, Software, Remote Control, Includes OVU Dongle, For Dell Dimension Desktops and Inspiron Notebooks
    Dell Part #: 412-0673, Manufacturer Part #: C6129