Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NOW i understand!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ccyork, Dec 11, 2004.

1. ccyork

ccyork

Jan 26, 2004
    USA
    I've been playing a MIM Standard P-Bass for the last year. It has been a workhorse for me. BUT...yesterday I got one of these (in this color) from Sweetwater:

[​IMG]

It's the MIM Deluxe Active Jazz. All I can say is WOW! I never played a jazz bass before I got this one, but now I understand what all the fuss is about. It's like night and day with my P-Bass. It's like someone removed a veil from my sound. I can't believe how versatile this thing is.

When I first started playing it I was a little put off by the "burpy" sound of the thing. But now that I've played the strings in a little and figured out how to work the preamp, I am just so happy with the sound. It makes my Aggie GS112 rock! Now I know what everyone means when they say "growl."

Also this instrument is much better made than my P-bass. In particular the neck is so much smoother on the edges. It plays like butter. Sweetwater did a great job setting it up before they delivered it. I highly recommend them.

Funny how my playing ability seemed to take a leap the moment I got in my hands. That's weird...

As I said very versatile...some of the songs I've been playing with it today...

Soul Man - Sam and Dave
    Drop Dead Legs - Van Halen
    It Ain't Over Till It's Over - Lenny Kravitz
    To Love Somebody - Michael Bolton

Now that's a diverse list, and the bass sounds great with all these songs. It's amazingly versatile! Oh I said that already...

Oh and did I mention that I LOVE this guitar. Look for my P-Bass on e-bay next week...

:hyper: :hyper: :bassist: :bassist: :hyper: :hyper:

2. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I just like the way it looks! I already have the older MIM DLX bass and the older MIA DLX bass with the Suhr stuff so I don't need another, but I like that one! I would like to hear it with those new noiseless pups.

3. bluemonk

bluemonk

Dec 17, 2002
    Michigan
    I have that exact same bass (even the color) and love it. but why sell the P?

4. ccyork

ccyork

Jan 26, 2004
    USA

unfortunately, gotta pay for the J...later on I'll get an American P...they're sweet