1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Now it Really Has to Go!! First Act Custom Shop Delgada Bass with plush road case!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by einar pedersen, Nov 27, 2017.

1. einar pedersen

einar pedersen Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Price:
    $1000
    Strings:
    Hello! This wine-stained mahogany custom Delgada is a sexy beast! I always loved the RD shape, and First Act knocked it out of the park on this one. Apparently it was made for Justin Meldal-Johnsen (see the serial number), but the weight was a bit much. I got it in 2007 (between my '78 P and my '79 Stingray, the weight wasn't an issue), for Kelly Clarkson's "My December" tour. This bad boy found a place on all of her subsequent tours (and tours with others), and the look and sound have turned heads all around the world. As you can see from the photos, it has some wear and tear, but it's not bad considering the mileage. I hate to get rid of it, but hopefully it will find a good home!
    This comes with the fitted, plush-lined road case and I'll toss in a couple sets of strings (right now it has 55-75-90-110 on it). PM me if you're interested (and before I change my mind :)
    Shipped only to the lower 48.
    IMG_1863.JPG thumb_wango_1024. IMG_1862.JPG

Attached Files:

elkkid2, funk7856, emjazz and 6 others like this.
  2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Very cool bass could I ask you what setup you used for that tour?

3. einar pedersen

Nov 27, 2017
    Austin, TX
    That tour was a '74 SVT and 410hlf cab. As the years went on, the stage got cleaner and amps got smaller. '72 B15 for one tour, Micro SVT for another, and even a Kemper for one tour!

emjazz and SirMjac28 like this.
  4. SirMjac28

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Really nice I like your bass playing.

5. einar pedersen

Nov 27, 2017
    Austin, TX
    :thumbsup::bassist:

SirMjac28 likes this.
  6. SirMjac28

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    These First Act custom basses are the real deal you don't see them come up for sale often and I also have a '78 P that I love.

vegas532 likes this.
  7. HenningSB

HenningSB

Dec 9, 2013
    Norway
    The Delgada is awesome, I have one in a kindof purple/red-ish burst. One of the best basses I've ever played (Currently own 4 First Act Customs). Good luck with the sale, would have been all over this if I didn't already own one!

dukeorock and einar pedersen like this.
  8. bylar13

bylar13

Dec 19, 2016
    Awesome bass. Could you tell me the width of the neck at the nut? Any info on the pick ups?

9. einar pedersen

Nov 27, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Hi there! Sorry for the delay.

The nut measures 1 and 1/2 inches. It's super comfortable. Nice curve to the back of the neck, and the action is like butter!

The pickups are Kent Armstrong humbuckers, and there is a push/pull tone pot to knock them out of phase. They're really versatile. The bridge really growls, and the neck is nice and fat, and they sound great together. Lots of attack and body, and the phase flip is fun as well.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

10. drums1977

drums1977

Mar 31, 2008
    Malaga
    Amazing, what's the weight? Cheers.

11. einar pedersen

Nov 27, 2017
    Austin, TX
    It weighs in at 10 lbs. One thing I didn't mention in the description, is how nicely balanced it hangs on your shoulder, despite the big headstock, 34" scale, and larger body. You don't have to fight it dipping one way or the other. Also, I forgot that "Duo-mag" is a more descriptive term for the Armstrong pickups.

dukeorock likes this.
  12. Astronaut Don

Astronaut Don

Feb 7, 2013
    Denver
    Aren't First Act Instruments basically Walmart Brand Guitars? or am I just being ignorant.

13. einar pedersen

Nov 27, 2017
    Austin, TX
    This is partly true. Their bread and butter is in entry level instruments of all kinds. They do (or did), however, have a USA custom shop for high end versions of the “student models”, to push the brand with higher profile players. I was doing a bunch of TV promo in ‘08 that put this one in my hands. Don’t let the name fool you, it’s a beast!!

Hoyt and Astronaut Don like this.
  14. dukeorock

dukeorock Owner BNA Audio Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 8, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Authorized greenboy designs builder/Owner of BNA Audio
    It was a bit confusing, but the Custom Shop stuff like this Delgada is as good as it gets

15. mdr0124

mdr0124

Apr 14, 2014
    Good looking Delgada! I PM'ed you, very interested in this!