Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Now Munji and I both "just say Eden"

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rumblejohn, Aug 21, 2003.

1. While I was driving by Bass Central,minding my own biness, Gard drug me in by the hair of my head (that's a joke son, I don't have hair) and made me buy a WT 550. Kicks serious booty, and weighs 18 lbs. I am convinced.

Tanks Gard, I needed that

John

2. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ...he didn't even put up much of a fight...

;)

John, glad you made it by, and even happier to hear the amp is doing the job for ya. I gotta get one of those for myself, and soon! :D

By the way, he's got more hair than Tony Levin does!

:eek:

:bag:

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yeah, that bastrich Gard forced me into a WT-800. Something should be done about that guy.

4. Through psychic mind control, Gard made me call in and buy the EBS HD350 head - as much as I tried, I just couldn't fight it. :) He gave me a good deal on it, though. It sounds great, and I'm only starting to tap into its possibilities. Thanks again, Gard.

Ok, so it's not an Eden, but the name still starts with an E. :D

5. Eden.

The "Playskool" of bass amplification.

(j/k.... I like em too.. :D )

6. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Ya know, there wasn't any mind control involved this afternoon for me... Called him up, ordered a cab, chatted for a while and went to lunch... My mind is still ok...

A)*(&et)*(%^0734aserk;bjbcvp98y78)*&%&^$(&^$~#%$^)*09ibIUGDFKJBRIUkj93496349865%E#^*(%^&#%#$!$$%4545q1jnfb (the hell was that :eek: !?!?)

:bag:

I'm as interested to hear more about the 1x12 Eden is working on... Let us know when it comees out.

7. sfbass

sfbass

Jun 25, 2003
    San Francisco, CA
    I keep posting as I can't figure out what the heck to get. Roksak? Tuki? Honestly, not that I wouldn't want something to protect my new WT-550 anyway, but why there is no handle on this thing could baffle the new Apple G5.

8. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Precisely what I like about them. Dead simple layout, with all of the controls and lights in an intuitive place.

9. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    mmm.... pretty lights....

10. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I fully admit, I never wanted to like Eden. With all the newer, shinier new amps out there it's easy to want to try everything. Well, everytime I use my friend's traveler through my two Bergantino 112's I'm amazed that the sound I want comes out with the eq completely flat. I still don't like how the eq on the eden reacts but the amp definately sounds great. I wish that they'd use better pots that have more indents when you turn the knobs.

11. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    (Redneck voice: ON)

...yew shore gotta purdy mouf, boy...

(Redneck voice: OFF)

:eek:

;)

Van - Hey, Eden makes a very solid, reliable, and good sounding amp. If ya don't like it, don't use it, but no need to poke fun at those that do dig it (for the record, I use a Demeter pre, but will eventually own a WT-550 for smaller gigs - because it SOUNDS GOOD TO ME).

Kaz - They're your ears, gotta use what you like.

Munji - You've had your chance, and didn't take it. Your loss! :p

Cap't Scarlet - Close enough for me! Good amp!!

bimp - Yeah, I like 'em too, bigger knobs are easy for my fingers to turn! (where's that drooly smiley?)

j-raj - You really need to get that keyboard looked at.

sfbass - The Eden WT-400/550 bags will be available in October according to what I've been told, much better than a handle on the amp. Lotsa pockets, and a shoulder strap too.

Christopher - Yup. Simple to get a great tone: Set it flat and forget about it. Gotta like that. :D

emjazz - I'm right there with you, for years I tried to not like the stuff. No sense fighting it, is there? (I still don't really dig the tone of the XLT cabs, too "boomy" for me, but the XST's....:D)

12. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    :bawl: but... but... they ARE pretty!

(especially on that frickin xmas tree they call a navigator! i was playing through one once and a damn 747 tried to land on it!)

13. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA

...ya big crybaby!

:p

;)

...you're right man, they are pretty!

Gotta running joke between David Nordschow and myself about all the "bells & whistles" on the Navigator:

He's designing the all new WP-110, also known as the "Gard" preamp. It will have an input, an output, and a volume knob. Oh, and lotsa red LED's. ;)

Dave's gotta great sense of humor! :D

14. Mikefish07

Mikefish07

Apr 6, 2003
    sfbass:

I'm using the mesaboogie walkabout gig bag for my WT550 and it works very well and fits exactly. The only problem is the WT550 has no handle to pull it out of the bag like the walkabout so you have to slide it out. It's also only $49.

15. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Well, I must confess that I had a little remorse after the 550's started shipping ... that is, until I ran that WT-800 bridged into my D-410XLT. Lordy, lordy, lordy! I thought my little WT-300 sounded good into that cab. I'll stick with the 800, thanks. Especially if they mod it to bridge into 4 ohms.

16. I have a Mesa 400+. Good Lord... it's like Randall Smith made a bass amp for retarted bassists with no thumbs! The huge knobs make me feel like i'm not smart enough, or sophisticated enough to operate small knobs.

While on the topic.. A friend of my dad's made an amp, and put one of those huge submarine hatch handles on it as a volume knob. He'd just whip it around as hard as he could whenever he wasn't loud enough. As you can imagine... I REALLY want that amp.

~Zentner