1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

now that i play bass

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by IAmTheDood, Feb 18, 2008.

1. IAmTheDood

IAmTheDood Shake and Bake

Dec 15, 2006
    Waterford, MI
    i gotta watch what i do with my hands ..

havn't done much in my woodshop over the last 2 years .. finally got out there this weekend and started building a computer desk, i've been a woodworker for a good 6 years or so.. just havn't been out there much since the issues came up with my ex..

looking at my hands i've got scrapes and cuts on 'em now just from all the moving of lumber and running of tools ...

tried playing my bass last night for a little bit and all those little cuts are just big annoyances!

grr!

2. bigthemat

bigthemat

Jan 25, 2008
    Salt Lake City
    it makes you tougher, right?

3. Marcury

Marcury High and Low

Aug 19, 2007
    Mid Hudson Valley, NY
    learn to live with it, it sounds like woodworking is a part of your life. Besides if you become too compulsive about your hands life is less fun and fun has a positive effect on life outlook and playing bass.

4. IAmTheDood

IAmTheDood Shake and Bake

Dec 15, 2006
    Waterford, MI
    :) yeah i'll learn to live with it ..

just funny that as as wooworker i would always have scrapes, cuts, etc.. on my hands and not worry about it, even mitered my fingertip before on my tablesaw when i was a beginner woodworker..

now that i play bass i've gotta think about that kind of stuff ... maybe i should start wearing gloves of some kind .. lol.

5. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    I was going to mention that I believe I caught wind of a new invention...called gloves, or something of that nature...but it sounds like you've already heard of them.

What'll those crazy scientists think of next?

:bag:

6. Wearing gloves around machinery is a big no no!! I wear gloves in my shop but only when moving something or working with something hot, NEVER around moving parts, machines or anything that might grab the glove. You are MUCH better off taking your time and focusing on being careful. Also, rings watchs and bracelets are a hazzard as well. I've seen what can happen and it aint pretty :)

Nicks, dings and burns often keep me from playing bass :(