Now that was a fun blackout

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by miko, Aug 15, 2003.

1. I assume enough of you were affected by the power outtages from last nite? We were getting a video of our converted to mpeg just as it happened, but luckily the guy was able to finish it off just in time.

What most impressed me [and I only speak for my small podunk town] was that no one raped, pillaged and looted. Well, one gas station got ripped off, but that was about it. People actually were nice and cooperative. That's something for New York.

We have a small outdoor pool in our building, so I swam by moonlight and drank a brewskie. If ya ask me, we should have power outtages more often!

'when the lights go down in the city...'
  2. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Nothing funny about inconvenience of millions of people, traffic accidents, my vcr not coming back on a fridge full of spoiled food for something that could have been avoided!:confused:
  3. I had to walk from the west side of Manhattan in the 20s, across the 59th St. bridge, and then another 5 miles home from there. A total of about 9 miles.

On the one hand I was really ticked off, on the other hand I was glad nothing really messed up happened. There was also a free Friday off, and that's not too bad.

This was one week ago today, and I just got my internet connection back about an hour and a half ago. :(

Miko, where is your band playing on the 26th?
    I'll try to come and check you guys out.

Let me know.

4. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

It was cool that for the most part the media were hard pressed to come up with bleeding, burning headlines. We can be cool when we try.
  5. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    I like gives me a chance to get away from crap like.....electricity. reading by candlelight....doing other things by the light of an oil lamp.

Kinda like the Corona commercial, where they're all throwing their cell phones into the water and all that sort of thing. Good for a change.

Electricity is turning people into a bunch of softies.