Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Now this has to be Rare - AMP Pre??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by e.maynard, Feb 3, 2006.

1. e.maynard

e.maynard

Nov 11, 2004
    Afton, Virginia
  2. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    this is messed up. dont you know the problems i am having? posting that link is just wrong man.

just give a reforming junkie some heroine, why dont you.

thanks a ton man... thanks a lot.

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    Oooooooo.... very cool,

4. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Oooh! Me like!

5. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I had a BH-420. Then I had an SL-1. Both of those items are on my very short list of gear I wish I'd never gotten rid of.

6. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    It's not super common but it's not as rare as the BH-250 head. It was the very first AMP product.

7. watspan

watspan Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    1 of which I now have in good woking order thanks to Dave Funk! I can't believe I scoured it off of ebay for $20 + $20 shipping!

8. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    like this one? :hyper:

[​IMG]

9. watspan

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    that's the bad-boy! send it into Dave Funk if it's not working well--he'll strighten things out!

10. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    i am packaging it today for hopefulshipment too dave next week. (if he says its ok!!)

the tone is a bullseye, the overall volume is a miss.

of course you already know all about the tone (and light weight). And by the way, you STOLE taht AMP off ebay you dog!!!!! you got the deal of the year imo.

;-)

11. watspan

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    I did get a hell of a deal--maybe that will help even out the times I got hosed!
    Crock--sounds like you're going AMP-a-holic!!!;)

12. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    there is really no way to hide it... i have a problem. I went my whole life without bass gear gas.

well, economics and physical space limitations have brought me back to reality.

13. watspan

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    well, here's my first attempt at digital photogaphry--trying to attach image of rumblefish, ampeg 4x8 and AMP BH-250--my living room practice rig

14. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Well the auction is too high now. Oh well, maybe next time!!!

15. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    wow... that bass is so ugly its actually cool! you like it? fender jazz - ish?

the ampeg 4x8 is a cool little cab. and you KNOW how i feel about the head!

QUAD- seems the auction got concelled. i asked why, but no response from the seller. What do you consider too high? i didnt catch the last price. last i saw was 162 or so.

16. watspan

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    I'm a fanatic for reverend rumblefish!! have three of them--the one pictured, a blue 5 and a recently bought Mahogany-topped Premium w/ a maple neck. They are super light, have a small neck I love and Tone? Awesome! Looks aren't for everyone, but everything else is first rate. Plus, they quit making them. I just posted a family pic in basses w/ my gear.

TB's own BillybfromLZ was selling the AMP pre--not sure why he yanked it.

17. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    wonder why billyB didnt list in the classifieds here first.

18. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    It would be inappropriate to say much...but the auction got cancelled due to a mention of other brands in the title...:(

I'm not a supporting member (yet) so I can't sell on TalkBass at this point in time. Perhaps it's time to join...

19. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    i see. i wasnt aware that mentioning other brands was a no-no. I see it a lot.

anyway, its time to join... that way the gear stays in teh TB community. ;-)

best of luck.