now this is a custom that ROCKS!

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by wilser, Mar 8, 2005.

1. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    Is there a question for a luthier here? :confused: :confused:
  2. umm, no, but now that i think about it. Do you people ever get asked to build 'radical' instruments like this one? I remember seeing the 'bass' bass once, or the backwards strat, but I have never seen anybody actually ordering or even playing things like these.
  3. There's a reason for that. ;)
  4. Wademeister63

Aug 30, 2004
    Denton Tx
    What's the reason?

You know the Strat isn't the only flipped out model now? How about a P-bass!!

5. oh my lord, what's the world comming to
  6. That was the stupidest thing I've ever seen...
  7. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    Isn't there a guy that does nothing but make those upside down guitars and basses?
  8. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts

And I'd pay $600 for it LONG before I'd pay $300 for a Wish...
  9. I wasn't referring to your bass bass. I was referring to the godawful machine gun bass. As in it's a really stupid idea.
  10. You know, there's a difference between being different GOOD and being different BAD. This is the latter...sorry to offend anyone.
  11. hmm, this is all too subjective. I personally don't like any of these weird non-bass designs, and I don't like the upside down either ...I also don't like the bass bass (as a matter of fact, the title of the thread was intended to be sarcastic/humoristic.

I'm a big believer that designs should be tasteful (fodera?) but then again, that's also subjective. I loooove those single cut basses, but others hate them. Most all designs are based on the leo fender design. benavente? jbass exageration. single cuts? why a tele guitar!

So what I like might not be what you like. To say that 'this is good' or 'that is bad' is just stupid. Just say 'I don't like it'.
  12. Wademeister63

Aug 30, 2004
    Denton Tx
    It's all just for fun anyway. What you think or what I think doesn't really matter much as long as somebody's enjoying themselves. Even so, I had fun making my bass bass but I wouldn't be seen playing that goofy thing in public!