Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Now THIS is art!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Jun 11, 2003.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Me want![​IMG]

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    You can have it.
    Not my color.

3. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Pretty but not my color either. Call me when it fades to yellow. Slap a black pickguard on it at that point and now your talking.:)

4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ...and I know where one that looks just like it is...

;)

5. vlad335

vlad335 Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2003
    Latrobe, PA
    "Now THIS is art!" You are correct Sir.

Me loves Block Inlays...

6. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    The DJ has a non-standard contol plate with a slightly different shape. I recall reading something on the Dudepit about it.

7. vlad335

Apr 14, 2003
    Latrobe, PA
    Yeah and the neck is horribly backbowed ;)

Its shot with a wide angle lens. Thats why it appears to be curved. Wait... I could be wrong.

8. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    :eek: the pusher man :D

9. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
  10. Simply beautiful...

11. vlad335

Apr 14, 2003
    Latrobe, PA
    Yeah and it comes in Candy Apple Red too! Damn! I just bought a Warwick about 2 hours ago.

12. can i get one too? i have stuff to trade-

13. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

Looks groovy to me.

Rob

14. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I wouldn't mind that either:bassist:

15. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Not bad for a white bass, although I don't really dig many white basses at all other than this Bill Dickens one.
    [​IMG]

16. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    white, schmite! GIMME!!!!!!!!!!

;)

17. Love the combination of the white finish, rosewood fingerboard, and white block inlays. Very classy.

I've wanted a white bass ever since I first saw Larry Graham's Moon Bass.

I'm gassin' for the Lakland, but I'm really a 5 string player. Man, if this came in a 5 string version, I'd be all over it.

18. geezer316

geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    NEW HAVEN ,CT
    sweet bass ! "I LOVE THE SMELL OF J-BASS IN THE MORNING" i like the ones with the red tortise shell p/gaurd,the two contrasting colors(red/white) make for a nice look. and what the heck is up with that big dudes bass ??(the white one with about 50 strings).it dont care what anyone says thats ridiculous:confused: ,i cannot or will not believe that a bass with that many string is necessary, kinda like going rabbit hunting with an elephant gun. thats what i call "hey everybody look at me" or the famous "can you top this" this is my opinion and my choice,i am not knocking anyone on this site or any of your bass heroes,i just dont prefer basses with an obscene number of strings,if Jaco did all that he did with a beat up,home made frett-less,"distressed" 4 string bass.Then actually using a bass like that to its full potential is an un-attainable goal. what i mean is if Jaco made his 4 string do all that(which is more than any bassist ever did regaurdless of the ## of strings),there is no way that a person and i dont care how good they are,That can fully use a bass like that to its full potential. PS i know i'm gonna get raked over the coals for this little out-burst:bawl: but i just had to say it;)

19. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Well, the way I look at it is Bill Dickens was playing bass before Jaco was, and Jaco probably dug what Bill was playing back in the day; what's good for the goose is good for this little duckling. It ain't the instrument, it's the music it makes. Besides, I've never hear of a guitar player being told that his six-string has too many strings.

20. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    White jazz basses look simply gorgeous. White is just such a ncie striking color for basses- beauty!:D